SAU Community

VINS you want "fasted"

It would be pretty awesome if people posted their options and their option codes so we can try to figure them out.

Even if you don't know if your options are standard or not, post them anyway. (for example, I don't have a rear strut brace from factory, but I do have a clarion stereo that I believe was an option over a tape deck.)

Mine:

GGKBRTFR33VDA-A-AA

Rear wiper

Front lip

Skirts/Rear pods

4 speaker audio

Clarion CD player

Central locking

My car had a parking pole originally

Factory spoiler

BGKARGAR33EDAHCDBA

Parts car had quite a few.

Full Type M kit

6 speaker system(front/rear + tweeters mounted in A pillars)

I think it originally had a tv system, actually had the aerial wiring which my car doesn't seem to

Mirror Visors

Window Visors

GGKBRTAR33VDAC--A-

Also 04 A=2WD B=2WD N=4WD P=4WD LLooks like A=Hicas, B=2WD 4wd is probably the same.

Edit: According to that chart my car is a regullar GTS25 not a Type S but according to Fast my car is a Type S(GTS25/S)

*Edit: and if anyone can crack these, here is mine, have at it. :cheers:

post-78856-0-92202700-1350682030_thumb.jpg

Oh, I've never clicked those MO and PO buttons so I didn't realise what they did, I'll give yours a look after I do mine :P

BGKARGAR33EDAHCDBA

Wow^^^ No Blanks !!!

Mine : BGKBRTAR33VDA--EAA

No Rear Wiper

No Fogs (does now) by me

No Body Kit (has skirts now & weather shields) by me, soon rear pods, front lip & boot lip. WANT a Roof Wing !!!

No rear wing

Central locking

No ABS

4 speakers

3 child restraints

5 seater (5 seatbelts)

Battery is under the bonnet, is this unusual?

Was Auto but changed to manual in Japan apparently.

Edited by Not a Pulsar

Wow^^^ No Blanks !!!

I thought no blanks was a normal thing, apparently not :/

Battery under bonnet isn't common, afaik only some series 2 4 doors have it under bonnet, all series 1's and all 2 doors have it in the boot.

My battery is under the bonnet, well it was. I'm thinking maybe it was to either add boot space or as a trial before the 34's were bought out.

Translating my options it gives me this.

MODEL CODE: BGKARGAR33EDAHCDBA

MODEL CODE (14 - 18 DIGITS) FROM UP TO: 9601-9702

DIGITS DESCRIPTION

18 Airbag contempt 霾

17 Stereo Combi

16 Plated inside door handle-less (I think this must mean it doesn't have those shitty chrome door handles?) + front fog lights + switch

Ports sheet(eh?)+ GTS25 type S / S (4 door)

15 rear spoiler + rear wiper

14 16 inches aluminum wheel

If anyone else wants me to badly translate theirs It would help to have the Vin # as well as model code cus the options change for model code depending on the build date.

Notapulsar yours was easy cus there was only 2 between dates, Randy yours like mine has a whole lot

MODEL CODE: BGKBRTAR33VDA - EAA

MODEL CODE (14 - 18 DIGITS) FROM UP TO: 9601-9702

DIGITS DESCRIPTION

18 Airbag contempt 霾

17 audio-less one

16 sports seats + GTS25T type M1 (4 door) 1

My parts car

MODEL CODE: GGKBRTAR33VDAC - A-

MODEL CODE (14 - 18 DIGITS) FROM UP TO: 9308-9501

DIGITS DESCRIPTION

17 skyline super sound system (6SP) + CD autochanger

14 Electric glass sunroof + Super Fine coat

My car had a parking pole originally

Factory spoiler

BGKARGAR33EDAHCDBA

Parts car had quite a few.

Full Type M kit

6 speaker system(front/rear + tweeters mounted in A pillars)

I think it originally had a tv system, actually had the aerial wiring which my car doesn't seem to

Mirror Visors

Window Visors

GGKBRTAR33VDAC--A-

Oh the tweeters! That is definitely an audio option. I can see the square in the pillar where mine would have gone.

What is a mirror and window visor? Is that those wind deflectors people usually add as an aftermarket item?

Wow^^^ No Blanks !!!

No Rear Wiper

No Fogs (does now) by me

No Body Kit (has skirts now & weather shields) by me, soon rear pods, front lip & boot lip. WANT a Roof Wing !!!

No rear wing

Central locking

No ABS

4 speakers

3 child restraints

5 seater (5 seatbelts)

Was Auto but changed to manual in Japan apparently.

On a four-door, no rear wing is common and the battery is always under the bonnet as the rear seats/doors take up the spot where the 2-dr cars have their battery. (I believe this is the case)

Mine doesn't have ABS either, and it was an option on most R33's if i'm not mistaken.

Far out... It looks like 4-door 33's muddle up my table completely! Where one digit is for ABS and LSD, it's about a sunroof in one car and airbags in another!?

BNR34 - Last 5 digits AAJCD. Japanese friend says:

14A Super fine coat

15A Rear wiper + UV protection + prevention of heat entering

16J Glove compartment light, remote entry, trunk lid

17C TV function, navigator (SatNav)

18D Rear fog light

optionslist.jpg

Edited by sin-

On a four-door, no rear wing is common and the battery is always under the bonnet as the rear seats/doors take up the spot where the 2-dr cars have their battery. (I believe this is the case)

Mine doesn't have ABS either, and it was an option on most R33's if i'm not mistaken.

Most 4 doors have the battery in the boot, The shelf above the fuel tank is exactly the same and the battery mount al bolts up, The hole for the battery relocation cable to go through is there with a grommet and all the holes along the body the cable to the engine bay mounts to are all drilled and tapped. All the extra length in a 4 door(all 80mm of it) is in the boot.

Far out... It looks like 4-door 33's muddle up my table completely! Where one digit is for ABS and LSD, it's about a sunroof in one car and airbags in another!?

The options digits don't correlate to any one item, They are model code specific and even then There looks to be 2-6 different configurations for any given model code depending on build date.

BNR34 - Last 5 digits AAJCD. Japanese friend says:

14A Super fine coat

15A Rear wiper + UV protection + prevention of heat entering

16J Glove compartment light, remote entry, trunk lid

17C TV function, navigator (SatNav)

18D Rear fog light

Oooh UV glass.

Thanks, the only letter in the model number that doesn't make sense for me is the "N" before the"AA".

KBNR32RXFSNAA

I can decode all the rest and that seems logical except this one, which I think refers to Options that the car left factory with? That's what I was hoping to get translated, if possible.

According to this R32 Chassis VIN Decoder http://www.users.on....ssis_plate.html

Does NOT have a "7" 7= GTR or a "8" 8=GTR Vspec II, but is absent?? absent = V spec I. (before the "AA"). It its place it has a letter not a number - "N" may refer to options (but really for GTS's)??

So a little confused. It does have an "X" instead of a "B" before "FS", that tells me that it left factory with standard 16in GTR wheels and not Vspec 17in BBS wheels.

KBNR32RXFSNAA

It is a 9/92 build.

Hi, I happen to have the same KBNR32RFXSN AA aswell, and i have several differences from the run of the mill BNR32 GT-R... I'd be curious to know what it was when it left the factory.. what are these exception to the rules and would make them very rare and fewer in the making would they not?

I'd really be curious to understand if they were new technologies going into the R33 perhaps, and is this code truly a base V-spec 1 given the absent number? But an "N" in it's place which is not mentioned in the decoder. funny stuff going on? if so what? special order/made cars perhaps, if so what? Did you ever find closure on this VIN ? I need to know. i will attempt Nissan next.. figured I'd check here too... Help! ...who am i... what am i.... type thing???

Hi, I happen to have the same KBNR32RFXSN AA aswell, and i have several differences from the run of the mill BNR32 GT-R... I'd be curious to know what it was when it left the factory.. what are these exception to the rules and would make them very rare and fewer in the making would they not?

I'd really be curious to understand if they were new technologies going into the R33 perhaps, and is this code truly a base V-spec 1 given the absent number? But an "N" in it's place which is not mentioned in the decoder. funny stuff going on? if so what? special order/made cars perhaps, if so what? Did you ever find closure on this VIN ? I need to know. i will attempt Nissan next.. figured I'd check here too... Help! ...who am i... what am i.... type thing???

From what I could determine, it was a factory fitted airbag on the sterring wheel!. If you dont have the bulky airbag sterring wheel still fitted then look on the back of the drivers side sunvisor for the factory SRS airbag markings. This will confirm. BTW, this is a very RARE factory option on the R32 GTRs.

From what I could determine, it was a factory fitted airbag on the sterring wheel!. If you dont have the bulky airbag sterring wheel still fitted then look on the back of the drivers side sunvisor for the factory SRS airbag markings. This will confirm. BTW, this is a very RARE factory option on the R32 GTRs.

You rock thank you for the quick reply... haha so good stuff so far, so i do have the SRS marking! if it was a factory option though for me to have an Airbag, it's apparently been replaced for an e-nardi steering wheel, but then get this ...i have an empty coin slot opening on the left side of the steering, i have no telescopic steering and no hicas(pumps everything included) and as though it never did leaving the factory as per my MOST reputable Canadian JDM autoworx Folks And a 2nd confirmation by Robin @ Almassi Tuning...They don't know what it's all about. I have a nismo suspension(doesn't mean much but could it...?), no brembos, but r33 17" v-spec wheels. I have the nismo body kit and spoiler but not the bumper and the rear wiper...

You rock thank you for the quick reply... haha so good stuff so far, so i do have the SRS marking! if it was a factory option though for me to have an Airbag, it's apparently been replaced for an e-nardi steering wheel, but then get this ...i have an empty coin slot opening on the left side of the steering, i have no telescopic steering and no hicas(pumps everything included) and as though it never did leaving the factory as per my MOST reputable Canadian JDM autoworx Folks And a 2nd confirmation by Robin @ Almassi Tuning...They don't know what it's all about. I have a nismo suspension(doesn't mean much but could it...?), no brembos, but r33 17" v-spec wheels. I have the nismo body kit and spoiler but not the bumper and the rear wiper...

also... would that make it a v-spec 1 with an airbag lol ?

also... would that make it a v-spec 1 with an airbag lol ?

just determined that it leads into the odd MA production range in terms of build sequence...

I'm hoping to get the full understanding, must be more than two of these "N" versions to compare too or hopefully my Nissan email can pull through.

i'll keep you posted. thanks again.