SAU Community

VINS you want "fasted"

hello... id love for someone to be able to help me with fasting my vin to identify the vspec/non v spec etc and anything else which may be interesting

BNR32305342

thanks in advance :P

here you go

post-16070-1215164401_thumb.jpg

Your model number is KBNR32RBFSAA. Using the below link to decode all the letters you can see its a vspec.

http://www.users.on.net/~goofyhsk/info/chassis_plate.html

Could I get my vin fasted please, I've got some weird letters in my model code :S

BNR32-003362

KBNR32RXFSLMZG < dont know what the M,Z, and G mean :P

thanks.

I ran your vin through fast and got you this.

post-16070-1215164840_thumb.jpg

To be honest i have no idea what the M, Z or G mean in your model code but i have only ever seen them on r32 gtr's that were built in 1989.

Maybe someone else can shed some light on what these 3 letter mean and why they only seem to be on the model codes of early r32 gtr's??

I have been doing a lot of searching around on the forums for the answer to what the last letters mean on the model codes for the early model r32 GTR's (L,M,Z and G).

cameronbnr32 and garrysandy the only info i could find for you guys (and any one else wondering) was a post from funkymonkey back in 2004.

From what i read the letters L and M, which occupy Positions 8 + 9 in the model code, are known as VS Sign (VS Options)...

L means it has Projector Headlights

M means it has both climate comtrol + upgraded stereo

Letters Z and G occupy Positions 10 + 11 in the model code and are known as Pack Sign (Package Extras Sign)...

Z Im still not sure what it means but some guys believe it might be to do with the interior trim. RellikZephyr Thought Z = Black Interior Trim.

Cant be confirmed unless funkymonkey or someone else knows for sure what it means.

G from what i found means ABS and a Viscous LSD

Hope that helps a lil for you guys wanting to know.

Below is funkymonkey's original post from back in the day

Here's the factory Extras that are indicated by the last 7 characters ona 1989 -1991 R32

256r32_s1_vin_2.gif

VS Sign

Position 1

Blank = Standard Headlight

L = Projector Headlight

Position 2

Blank = Standard

P = Electronic control active Full auto air-conditioner (Climate control system I assume)

Q = Electronic control active Sound System (Upgraded Sound System?)

Z = Cold District Specification

M = P +Q

V = P + Z

W = Q + Z

T = P + Q + Z

Pack Sign

Char	Pos:	1   	 2

A	Standard	Standard

B	4 Wheel Anti Skid (ABS?)  GTR Steering Wheel

C	Sunroof   	 Type M Specification

D	GT Auto Spoiler (Front Only)  Viscous LSD

E	GT Auto Spoiler (Front and Rear)	B + D

F	B + C

G	B + D

H	B + E

I	C + D

J	C + E   	 GTE Special Seat

K	B + C + D	J + Viscous LSD

L	B + C + E

SS 	 V Selection

Position 	 Number: 0	1	2	3	4

1 With ASCD - RB20E RB20DE

Super HICAS RB20DET 2WD  S	Y  Y	

1 Audioless (All Cars) 	 S  Y	Y

2 185/70 tyres + 14 inch rims (CA18i)	S	Y

2 15 Inch Alloy Rims 	 S 	 Y

3 Electric Side Mirrors (CA18i)  S	Y

3 Fender Mirror (All Cars)  S  Y  Y

3 Rear Wiper	S 	 Y	Y

S = Standard (ie. does not apply) Y = Vehicle is equipped with this

G'day,

Could someone with FAST do a vin & engine check for me if possible.

The VIN is ECR33135365.

Engine no is RB25277413A

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Grant

dont know about doing an engine check but here is your vin

post-16070-1215401107_thumb.jpg

I have been doing a lot of searching around on the forums for the answer to what the last letters mean on the model codes for the early model r32 GTR's (L,M,Z and G).

cameronbnr32 and garrysandy the only info i could find for you guys (and any one else wondering) was a post from funkymonkey back in 2004.

makes sense - cause the whole chassis code from the vin i posted ended in LMEC

the car does have the projector headlights (L)

it could have climate control and the upgraded stereo, but they have been ripped out (although some parts are there)

the E corresponds to GT auto spoiler front and rear apparently - and it is a type M r32 with a sliver GT badge on the side

and it does have a sunroof which is a type M spec item

bit of food for thought i suppose :woot:

makes sense - cause the whole chassis code from the vin i posted ended in LMEC

the car does have the projector headlights (L)

it could have climate control and the upgraded stereo, but they have been ripped out (although some parts are there)

the E corresponds to GT auto spoiler front and rear apparently - and it is a type M r32 with a sliver GT badge on the side

and it does have a sunroof which is a type M spec item

bit of food for thought i suppose :D

Yeh i tried with my r32 gtst model code. I have the LMEC on the end of my model code and it worked out fine.

I have the projector head lights. I have the climate control and had the "upgraded" stereo. I had the GT auto spoiler and its a type M r32 so thats how i decided it was all pretty right and close to the mark.

If any one definitely knew any different im pretty sure they would soon post in here.

Still dont get why nissan changed everything from 1991 onwards with model code the R32 GTR's . Did make it a lot easier to decode the model code though

Edited by babyskyline

can you do 350Z checks? checking for a friend... have a suspicion a dealer is doing a dodgy, need to know if it REALLY is a "track" model and if it came from the factory with the REAL track rims, the lightweight ones...

EDIT: hmmm... i don't think i've been given a VIN, i've got the engine #

VQ35037314

and this

JNIGAA233A0010029 - being a Zed, should it have a Z33 type code somewhere? - It's OZ delivered obviously

My friend only showed me pics, i saw brembo's but the rims were the non-track rims... the track rims weren't an option were they? I'm just wondering if they saw her coming, maybe did something with the rims, or perhaps the brembo's were an option and it's not really a track model?

is there a button in the cabin somewhere to check for stability control?

the other thing i thought with 'fast' is that if it said it came from factory with the lightweight rims, i would get her to ask the dealer where the hell they went!