SAU Community

Z32 Afm Pod?

Will be installing a z32 afm onto my r33 shortly and needing to know will the pod of the stock afm fit the z32 or will i have to purchase a new pod to suit the z32?

If have to purchase a new pod will buy the apexi power intake. does anyone know what the product code is for this?

Edited by bygrave316

Yes.. the Z32 is the same size as the std afm.

It simply has a different airflow vs voltage output calibration.

Thanks for that Cubes,

Thinnking about buying a new filter anyway.... got a blitz filter on the car atm but i hear that they might not do that good a job and that the apexi's are about as good as they come is this true?

I like the apexi, coz they look nice.

There's a few others that are also good, ??pipercross?? comes to mind for some reason, SK could clear this up as he has mentioned them in the past.

In some dirt hoover test the apexi came out on top for filtration.

Looking at nengun and there are to differnt apexi filter kits? whats the difference?

ones called APEXi - Power Intake kit and costs arount 110 deliverd and the other is called APEXi - Dual Funnel Air Cleaner (Replacement Filter) and cosrs around 80 dilivered is there something special about the Power Intake kit?

i've got a stooooopid question, but i still need to ask it.

what's the benefit of the z32 afm on an r33?

It simply has a different airflow vs voltage output calibration.

Hence will read more air at 5.1v. So you can tune to a higher power level before maxing out the airflow meter.

Looking at nengun and there are to differnt apexi filter kits? whats the difference?

ones called APEXi - Power Intake kit and costs arount 110 deliverd and the other is called APEXi - Dual Funnel Air Cleaner (Replacement Filter) and cosrs around 80 dilivered is there something special about the Power Intake kit?

one (Power Intake kit) comes with the small metal adapter that says apexi on it...

the other (Replacement Filter) is simply the filter part that still bolts onto the AFM if you get the correct one...

one (Power Intake kit) comes with the small metal adapter that says apexi on it...

the other (Replacement Filter) is simply the filter part that still bolts onto the AFM if you get the correct one...

ok thanks so there isnt any difference basicly apart from gettting a bit of metal.