SAU Community

Dump Pipe & Front Pipe

r32matt

Hi,

Im looking at buying a dump pipe and front pipe for my RB20DET. Im running a R34 turbo and was wondering which system would be best. I can either get the seperate dump and front pipe or the the dump pipe and front pipe in one. Buying them seperate is alot more expensive but I was wondering if it would be worth it? I was also wondering how much the boost will raise once i put the dump pipe on?

Thanks

Matt

post-28585-1154565056.jpg

post-28585-1154565069.jpg

just go the single. cheaper, and will work just the same. the problem with the split one is that they are usually made pretty crappy and the hole doesn't always line up. mine didn't but i just used a die grinder to open it up more.

Check out BATMBL on this forum. His stuff is good, with split dump/front pipes available. But i'm not sure how you will go with havig an R34 turbo on an RB20, you might have to make some modifications.

Mate just go the front and dump pipe in one because you won't need a screamer pipe (the one sold seperate) unless you are shooting for/have crazy horsepower...plus they are illegal and you will cop a massive fine and a nice yellow canary for the screamer.

I am getting the 2 together and they say you can raise it by about 2-4 psi but I would still be cautious if you don't have a FMIC or anything else...

If you just buy the dump pipe, you still need a 3 inch front pipe aswell. I havn't been able to find anyone that makes only the front pipe.

Might have to be a custom job

Sorry mate, thought I could be wrong, but have been told by a mechanic that that was a screamer...might not go to that mechanic again then hey...

However, frost is right you would need to get a front pipe fabricated and would probable cost a fair bit

Screamer is when the wastegate gasses are dumped straight to the atmosphere (ie the wastegate pipe doesnt plumb back in)

I would buy one of BATMBL's split pipes. He has a group buy running at the moment so just get one of those. If the R34 turbo bolted up to the stock R32 dump, then I'd say BATMBL's dump/front pipe should work ok (check with him first)

Hi,

Im looking at buying a dump pipe and front pipe for my RB20DET. Im running a R34 turbo and was wondering which system would be best. I can either get the seperate dump and front pipe or the the dump pipe and front pipe in one. Buying them seperate is alot more expensive but I was wondering if it would be worth it? I was also wondering how much the boost will raise once i put the dump pipe on?

Thanks

Matt

The first one is certainly your best choice out of the two displayed. The separation of the pipes in the second one is not long enough this will cause too much turbulence where the pipes meet. Split dumps are good but there needs to be at least 30cm of separation before the pipes join.

The BATMBL split dump/front pipe would be a better option than the two displayed.

Cheers

Thanks guys,

Yeah I will get the Dump pipe and Front pipe in 1. Hopefully I will get a 2psi boost or more. Will the standard CAT be a problem? I wanna get a hi-flow but cant afford it at the moment, any cheap way of making my standard one hi flow? Im running 10psi at the moment which is standard. Will the boost be stable when running at 12psi or more? or should i put on my boost controller? (Turbotech Manual Boost controller).

Im running:

FMIC

R34 Turbo

K&N Air Filter

3 and a half inch form cat back

Lighten Flywheel

Extreme Clutch

Thanks

lol... well you have a few defectable items there already, so in theory you could just completely remove all the honeycomb from the cat, but it's illegal and I wouldn't suggest it for an onroad car.

Better off saving for an xforce 3" large body cat. They're about $300 from JustJap, and have the cat sensor thread in them already.

lol... well you have a few defectable items there already, so in theory you could just completely remove all the honeycomb from the cat, but it's illegal and I wouldn't suggest it for an onroad car.

Better off saving for an xforce 3" large body cat. They're about $300 from JustJap, and have the cat sensor thread in them already.

but the fine for a hollow cat is a few thousand dollars more than the fine for the rest of the defects. i got my x-force cat for $175 off ebay. and i agree with kennedy that a highflow cat will give a bigger power gain than a front/dump pipe if the stock cat is still there.