SAU Community

Old Pac Targetted Again By The Cops

scathing

From: http://www.expressadvocate.com.au/article/.../1503_news.html

POLICE plan a $750,000 blitz on speeding on the Pacific Highway after a weekend in which motorcyclists turned it into a ``race track''.

In one instance police had to give up pursuit of three bike riders after they hit speeds of 250km/h.

Brisbane Water highway patrol sergeant Gary Carr said police recently obtained $750,000 to fund round-the-clock patrolling of the highway between Mooney Mooney and Kariong during busy periods.

How come the paper was talking to Brisbane water police about a NSW Highway :laugh:

Brisbane Water is both Gosford & Woy Woy on the Central Coast, Command Centre for the F3 Highway Patrol. I've seen many cops around Mount White on weekends (especially early Sunday mornings for some reason) targeting bikes both ways where the road divides near mount white.

A group of guys (known as Midnight Run Club I think - drive VERY FAST!!! midnight runs on the old pac during weeknights) recently were targeted with an operation at the bottom of Mooney Mooney. Multiple cops and camera's - People lost licences & cars were impounded. They stopped when police were regularly there.

Just make sure you make a recon run first! Plenty of other great roads in the Peats Ridge and Mangrove Mountain areas anyway.

You speed on that road...you will get caught. It's only a matter of time... but looks like sooner rather than later with this operation.

The speed limit on that road is not overly slow either for the corners that are there.. plenty fast enough to still enjoy the drive!

You speed on that road...you will get caught. It's only a matter of time... but looks like sooner rather than later with this operation.

The speed limit on that road is not overly slow either for the corners that are there.. plenty fast enough to still enjoy the drive!

even if u are going the speed limit down that road if u are driving something interesting good luck not getting pulled over and lectured at the least.

Overly is still too slow though sometimes though; even seen yourself "try" to keep up with a s2 R33 & HSV Ute on that exact stretch of roads not exactly keeping to any speed limit.

RECON FIRST!

copy that 10-4 :D

well, if the old road gets too much of a hassle - ill just use galston gorge - 2mins from my front door :P

Love the three lane hill climb from Brooklyn to Cowan - Fast sweeping corners, plenty of room, most corners are on camber so easy to control slides - should just spend evenings timing runs up and down - Posting best times behind one of the road signs. Cops aren't targeting it either.

Whens the East Coast Targa this year, are they still closing it off for racing?

Edited by Gun Metal Grave

Oh the ironing!

Everyone knows that this stretch of road has been heavily patrolled at different times for many many years, and those that still choose to enjoy a spirited drive in that area do so at their own risk.

Scathing, I guess the Police think its time to crack down on those people that over estimate their abilities and push themselves and their cars just that little bit too far.

Considering the massive number of serious and fatal accidents on that road, the majority of which involve either a performance car or a motorcycle, I am not surprised that Police are stepping up their efforts to try and do something about it.

hahaha mooney mooney - you might know some people I know :P hahaha (went to my school)

burnsie - read it again :(

"obtained $750,000 to fund round-the-clock patrolling of the highway between Mooney Mooney and Kariong during busy periods.

This may involve speed traps set up permanently over weekends."

round the clock :(

im still not going to risk it mate - you can :D