SAU Community

The "i Can Lend You Thread"

my timer shuts off if you touch anything like handbrake etc, have seen some you stall and they run ACC power after its stalled.

should be fine as long as both are under the tyre rule and you cant increase your track by more than 26mm (measure from centre line of tread to centre line of tread and check it against factory specs) so if you have a 17x8 20+ offset wheel standard and go to a 18x10 20+ offset, technically your track hasnt changed.

sorry i ment the pump keeps running after its stalled cos its still on acc power. at a place i used work a fella had a vl wagon turbo and it had a fuel cell and surge tank and external 044's etc but for whatever reason whoever did the pump install, the pumps would run all the time on acc power so he had to crank it almost immediately and when it stalled it would keep pumping fuel so he'd have to kill the turbo timer quickly because it would feed too much fuel too the rail and the fuel reg would struggle and it would over pressurise the fuel system (apparently).

just saying cos im sure theres afew cars out there that people have home job wired heavy gauge wiring to the fuel pump for full battery voltage and could still pump fuel after stalling?

sorry for off topic

sorry i ment the pump keeps running after its stalled cos its still on acc power.

Sorry, last relevant Q, doesn't the fuel pump normally keep running after a stall... if the car is in the on posit, the pump comes on and keeps the line pressurized, then stops once there is pressure. If there is a fuel leak, regardless of the turbo timer, the pump would keep pumping unless the ignition was turned off... but in the case of a turbo timer, the fuel pump would stay on after the ignition was turned off or until you shut the timer off also, so it is just one extra thing to turn off...

I know on this car and my previous car that hod no turbo, the pump will pressurise when the ignition is in ON, and then stops once there is pressure. If stall, the pressure is bulst, then the pump stops. If turn the ignition off normally all power is cut, but if have a turbo timer the power remains for the timers duration.

I may be missing something, or mine is just hooked up well, but there really appears no issue or real difference?

Sorry to clutter the thread, please feel free to PM me and explain better RS4-S.

when you turn the key to start the car the fuel pump gets a few secs of power to "prime" the fuel system ( you can hear a relay click when the pump shuts off). i dont think it will keep adding fuel til 'X' pressure is reached. most electronic fuel injected cars will need a signal from the ecu to say the car is running/cranking and allow the fuel pump to run constantly

• 2 weeks later...

my timer shuts off if you touch anything like handbrake etc, have seen some you stall and they run ACC power after its stalled.

should be fine as long as both are under the tyre rule and you cant increase your track by more than 26mm (measure from centre line of tread to centre line of tread and check it against factory specs) so if you have a 17x8 20+ offset wheel standard and go to a 18x10 20+ offset, technically your track hasnt changed.

So Ill make sure to have the standard wheels on the car next time im there and Not 10" + 15 on the back :P

Also with the above if you went from an 8" + 20 to a 10" + 20 then the track increases 25mm so just legal

Also with the above if you went from an 8" + 20 to a 10" + 20 then the track increases 25mm so just legal

nah its measured from centre tyre to centre tyre, if it were from outside edge yes that would be correct

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has a drivers seat that could fit a s13 that i could borrow to pass a rego check? i believe the r32 seat will fit minus one out of the four bolts.

Cheers Blake

• 4 months later...

Dickson will pass you with a pod if affixed properly. I've put 3 cars through with pods...

If i still had my stock rims, would loan them, but they are gone.

Edited by J'son

Anyone with an R33 Series II have a rear seatbelt clasp I can borrow for rego... Everything is cleared except that mine for some reason had a centre one on one side so it doesn't clip in :( Need this asap! I will remove the seat, borrow the clasp and return it again straight after my inspection which will be tomorrow (if I can get the clasp tonight) or Tuesday at the latest. You will be doing me a MASSIVE favor :)

• 2 weeks later...

THIS IS NOT FOR A SKYLINE:

I need to borrow 4 rims and tires for a Mitsubishi Lancer. The ones that came with the car put the track off by 20mm, and also didnt have the right load rating (only 500kg not 530).

I borrowed a set off a mate of mine, but they didn't pass either, the rolling diameter was out... (They were 70s i need 65s).

This is what i am after, either to borrow stock MR lancer mags (most idea option but they must be the STOCK ones, and have the correct tire width and height), or else the specific ones on the tire placard:

185/65R14's with a load rating no less than 86 (530kg), and a speed rating of no less than H. The rim size is 5.5J.

Please get back to me asap if can help me out. THANKS!