SAU Community

Installing 3" Dump/front And High Flow Cat.

FLYSLY

Guys be carefull of the dump flange being thinner by making sure the wastegate arm doesn`t hit the heat cover bracket as camden mentioned. this happened to me and we could not figure out why the boost would go insane over 14lbs.Used washers to move the bracket back and the wastegate now has full movement.Big performance difference,believe me.

• 8 months later...

hey everyone. i put a just jap racing split dump/front and x fore cat on today. just a few questions. how long will the exhaust cement smoke for? also there is what looks like 2 be an earth cable or something hanging off the car body near the cat. just wondering what it is for?? it wasnt connected. im not talkin bout the sensor its another cable. there is also one of these cables that was connected to the turbo heatshield from car body! do i need them connected? thanks in advance :(

steve

Edited by R33 S2

• 4 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Good write up and good replies too.. Thanks... Gonna be attempting this by myself tomorrow so thought i'd better see if I needed any special tools or supplies. Instead of fitting a hi-flow at the moment i intend to just smash the guts out of my old cat.

Just did this today... very straight forward and managed to do it on my own no worries. Only thing i'll add is that it's much easier to do if you remove the top part of the heat sheild around he stock dump. I couldnt as my heat sheild bolts rounded off the heads.

• 3 weeks later...

Did mine on the weekend and what started off as an easy install ended up taking slightly longer than expected, due to two of the bolts snapping off.

Took out the turbo and managed to get one bolt out by angle-grinding two sides for a flat surface and using an adjustable wrench to twist it out.

Make sure you either use bolt grease or WD40 to lube both the bolt and the thread hole before you put the bolts back in, otherwise 15+ year rust WILL seize the bolts!