SAU Community

Should I Buy?

Rekin

17160?????? thats a lot man, my r33 cost me 17500....id think about this again man....

$17160 is what i assumed maclarenf1 total cost of his r33 is.

im comparing it to my estimated value of $13700 if i go ahead with this deal.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

id wait for a cheaper one.. to be honest ive got no clue about the current prices on cars... but as others have said arent r33's 15-16k these days and getting cheaper every day ? r32 seems expensive to me...

yap...thats about right actually.....cost me $980 for insurance.....and cos i brough from aussie owner ...came with aussie alarm.....and 17inch wheels......and cat back exaust...and nice stereo...(aussie one with MP3 and all)..

sky.jpg

shit sorry man, i got the flu and im only reading bits and pieces....

yap...thats about right actually.....cost me $980 for insurance.....and cos i brough from aussie owner ...came with aussie alarm.....and 17inch wheels......and cat back exaust...and nice stereo...(aussie one with MP3 and all)..

sky.jpg

Thats a very nice r33 - i think i seen it before. Do you drive around the Monash area (mount wav, glen wav, clayton etc)?

Just got back from Racepace. My car was the only one missing a GTR badge haha. Saw a couple of SAU stickers on some. A black r32 gtr and a silver r33 gtr.

Racepace checked out whole car including compression; (140,135,145,140,135,145) and said it was good mechanically and whole car clean.

Couple of minor problems which need to be fixed for road worthy which Ben explained are common faults for this age of car. All will be fixed as RWC included with car.

Thanks goes out to Ben and his team at Racepace for inspecting the car and providing honest results.

Now to arrange daypass and vicroads rego uff~

- Patrick

thats meanr34's car, dave. he sold it too mook

oh...he had different wheels when he sold it to mook though...34gtr on the front and some 5 spokes on the rear....i might have to PM him to ask him for offsets

Just got back from Racepace. My car was the only one missing a GTR badge haha. Saw a couple of SAU stickers on some. A black r32 gtr and a silver r33 gtr.

Racepace checked out whole car including compression; (140,135,145,140,135,145) and said it was good mechanically and whole car clean.

Couple of minor problems which need to be fixed for road worthy which Ben explained are common faults for this age of car. All will be fixed as RWC included with car.

Thanks goes out to Ben and his team at Racepace for inspecting the car and providing honest results.

Now to arrange daypass and vicroads rego uff~

- Patrick

nice mate.....hey.....if racepace says its all good....then who are we to say otherwise......went there ages ago to fix a turbo timer and there had GTR's left, right and center........hehehe.....but atlest try to get it with rego....

That looks like Dales car - from ages ago....

He and his wife had one each IIRC.

He was the first SAUer I met at the Christmas BBQ in 2004 at Elwood. Havent seen him at any events since though :D

Thats a very nice r33 - i think i seen it before. Do you drive around the Monash area (mount wav, glen wav, clayton etc)?

yap....i do.....i work in glen wav and mate's live near monash uni..

$13700 still seems like a lot. You could easilly find an R33 for that prince (S1). They are getting cheaper and cheaper. Plus for that money you get a 2.5lt engine and a better gearbox. Anyway, good luck with the purchase.

$13700 still seems like a lot. You could easilly find an R33 for that prince (S1). They are getting cheaper and cheaper. Plus for that money you get a 2.5lt engine and a better gearbox. Anyway, good luck with the purchase.

Preference really, id prefer a clean r32 over a s1 r33. Im P-Plater so not going to risk it with the power/weight ratio regardless of how many people are doing it.

RWC should be ready in 2 days, I heard Vicroads are againts p-platers rocking up with imports to get rego. Any one had issues trying to get rego under their name? For full rego not rego transfer ;)

why is everyone comparing a good condition 32 to random cheap 33's? ;)

If someone is after a nice 32, why does it matter what price 33's go for? need to compare apples with apples :)

IMO i don't care how cheap 33's get, if i'm after a nice 32, i'm after a nice 32.....

anyway, it seems like racepace have given it the all clear, so as long as Patrick is happy then its sweet :)

why is everyone comparing a good condition 32 to random cheap 33's? ;)

If someone is after a nice 32, why does it matter what price 33's go for? need to compare apples with apples :)

IMO i don't care how cheap 33's get, if i'm after a nice 32, i'm after a nice 32.....

hooray! some r32 support!, the r33 owners were eating me alive :)