SAU Community

Should I Buy?

Rekin

why is everyone comparing a good condition 32 to random cheap 33's? ;)

If someone is after a nice 32, why does it matter what price 33's go for? need to compare apples with apples :)

IMO i don't care how cheap 33's get, if i'm after a nice 32, i'm after a nice 32.....

anyway, it seems like racepace have given it the all clear, so as long as Patrick is happy then its sweet :)

Agreed..............

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is your major problem....make sure you have it checked out properly.

But having said that ,not many people will go out of there way to look at the thing to make sure all

is well. I agree with the rest $14K is steep. I know some people trying to get $19K for stock gtr32's although the

better examples are around $22K.

Really a bit of advice to you. Take the car for a full once over by either nispro,racepace or any other respectfull

garage, no matter if it takes them 3 hour and $300 later.

The money you could save on repairs could be 20 times that amount.

Get everything in writing ....no......i'll get that fixed no problems.

The old saying is so true..........buyer beware.

Hi guys, i just wanted to ask u fellas where the nispro and racepace garages are located in melbourne? ALso just wanted to grab an approx. price cos i wanted to get a 32 checked out aswell, just like our mate Rekin here, and wanted to go for a comprehensive check of everything. Thanks boys, let me know of your thoughts :P

Good looking 32... go the 32's ..if it checks out and i read that it has...go for it.. spend a little more for less headache. If the car is in that great a conditon then the owner or the salesperson is generally going to ask for a little bit more money.. U can go and buy a cheap 10k or less 32gtst but if there was an engine failure of some sort imagine the cost of having it either rebuilt or having another donk dropped in. I know it would cost around or more then 3k...

Name: Racepace

9/6 Halloway Drive, Bayswater

9762 9421

Racepace - $100 for inspection including compression (although they are trying to get out of the inspection scene)

Name: EAS Performance

Number: 9330 2001

$150 for inspection including compression, leakdown test, test drive

Protek

273 Dundas St

Preston 3072

03 9484 3117

$180 for full inspection including compression, leakdown, test drive.

$80 extra for dyno run.

Ive only delt with RacePace and EAS and very satisfied. Protek is quote over phone.

- Patrick

thats meanr34's car, dave. he sold it too mook

Nah Paul, that's not my car (or should I say Mooks now).

Mine had a 34GTR rear wing & diff wheels & side mirrors.

Dunno whose that is, but it's a diff car.

Edited by Mean_R34

Nah Paul, that's not my car (or should I say Mooks now).

Mine had a 34GTR rear wing & diff wheels & side mirrors.

Dunno whose that is, but it's a diff car.

The people who attended the formal were:

Bass Junky, Adzmax, NismoR34 and Paulr33

I believe that is NismoR34's car

Trying to organise the payment of the car but have a couple of questions.

If i prepare a bank check for the seller, what happens after that? He takes the bank check to any branch and they give him the cash in hand?

Im hearing stories about that they will only pay out cash if the seller goes to the same branch you issued the check, and that the bank wont issue out large sums of cash ie. $12750~.

Could anyone clear this up as I do not really want to walk around with a large sum of money.

Car will be ready on Saturday, and there is no way i can withdrawl that amount of cash by then. So I will get a bank check tomorrow and pick up car >_<

Trying to organise the payment of the car but have a couple of questions.

If i prepare a bank check for the seller, what happens after that? He takes the bank check to any branch and they give him the cash in hand?

Im hearing stories about that they will only pay out cash if the seller goes to the same branch you issued the check, and that the bank wont issue out large sums of cash ie. $12750~.

Could anyone clear this up as I do not really want to walk around with a large sum of money.

Car will be ready on Saturday, and there is no way i can withdrawl that amount of cash by then. So I will get a bank check tomorrow and pick up car >_<

When you get a bank cheque, the money is already gone from your account at that point...its not like it comes out only when he cashes it...its basically like you give the money to the bank, they give u a piece of paper, and he takes the piece of paper to tell the bank to give him ur money...

He'll deposit the bank cheque at any branch (definitely does not have to be the same one) and they'll deposit that amount of money into the account he nominates.

Then if he wants, he can withdraw it all from his account.

I've withdrawn massive amounts of money from the bank, its not like an ATM where the limit is $800 a day....

i had a bank cheque made up when i bought mine. As long as the dealers/compliancers business name is the way he wanted it on the bank cheque and the right amount is on it - you shouldnt have any problems. Prblem with bank chqs is that you incur a fee. But hey, its a very small price to pay for hours and hours of fun! >_<

I called the seller and told him I'll pay via bank cheque, he wanted cash but i explained to him its the same thing? He may have thought i said Personal Cheque? although I have no idea between the both of them. Commerce isnt my strong point >_<

He told me the name to put the bank cheque under anyways so yeah..