SAU Community

Performance Question

Tebie

hi all

i have a RB20DET with stock turbo which i want to upgrade to something similar to a HKS2530 etc...

i have a fuel pressure regulator, 600hp walhbro fuel pump, 440cc GTR injectors, 3.5 inch exhaust, and FMIC. i am going to get the new turbo and a Z32 AFM installed and get my ecu re-mapped. i was wondering would there be a major difference if i kept the 440cc injecotrs in or should i upgrade to 550cc injectors? what sort of difference in power (kw) would there be if any? just guessing obviously....

any info on which way i should go would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

chris

Why would the bigger injectors give you any extra power? As long as the GTR ones can flow enough to get the right amount of fuel in, there's no point in upgrading again? Maybe decreased fuel efficiency?

As always, correct me if I'm wrong...

oh... :)

i was always under the impression that i needed bigger injectors to get bigger power figures...

hence why i thought if i put 550cc injectors in i would get a bigger power figure instead of the 440cc

airflow makes power, not fuel. you need more air into the system to make more power. once you put in more air, youll need to add in more fuel, otherwise youll max out your injectors. so no injectors wont add any power, but will allow your system to safely run more