SAU Community

Rb25 Gtrs Dyno Results

zinkrb250

Just Got my ride tuned... here's some graphs..

Final Rear Hub Powa: 371.3 RWHB @ 13.7 PSI

Final Torque: 297.8

1st Graph: Torque Curve on the Left.... Horsepower on the Right

dynograph1.jpg

2nd Graph: Torque Curve on the Left... A/R ratio on the Right

dynograph2.jpg

3rd Graph: Boost Press.

dynograph3.jpg

Top effort - you must be pleased. Should post your results in the stickies section.

There seems to be a noticeable spike in the torque curve around 5000rpm - what is the cause there?

And how does it drive on the road?

Good result mate peak power is very impressive, Id like to know what the go is with the torque spike to Dale. Boost starts at 2000 rpm 12psi by 3750 then slowly creeps to 13.7 at 4750 does this seem right for a GTRS people.

Edited by Munna1

Thanks mates! I'm extremely pleased with my results...

This matches my goals perfectly... I wanted something streetable that i could enjoy at track events occasionally...

As for the torque spike... i'm not sure... might have something to do with my tomei poncams?

This setup I'm running is in my 95 s14... i love it! Handles beautiful on the road... the GTRS spools rather quickly for the amount of power it can push... I was wanting something to enjoy on the streets and this turbo performs just as i had imagined it...

In stock form... boost would build and set you back... but then as you climbed higher into the 5-6000 rpms it seemed like it would start to drop off...

Now, it just wants to go... it feels like it would just keep pulling ... i bumped up my rev limit (using my pfc) from 6900 to 7000....

But in any case i'm more than pleased with the results... My tuner informed me if i wanted to go any further with power i'd need to upgrade injectors... he said they're getting border line to the limit (i'm using nismo 550cc)

Ok my tips and comments:

I think full boost is a little late for my liking. What boost level are you aiming for? I would increase the boost duty cycle to get a small spike at hopefully around 3600rpm that you can then flatten out later in the rev range.

What boost control are you using btw? If it's something that has different duty cycles able to be set depending on rpm like an AVC-R then increase it later where the boost drops off or drop it in the middle if you are only after 12psi.

Apart from that, does anyone here have any idea how this translates to rwkw on a dyno dynamics dyno?

If the hub dynos if anything read higher then the 550cc injectors you have should be well up to the task. Yes, looking at the a/f plot it is starting to head north at the top end which indicates lack of fuel.

But reading your list of mods, I would be looking to the walbro pump as a suspect before the injectors.

I had the PowerFC boost controller on there but the tuner could never get it to work properly...

The shop where this was tuned is an Apexi excel dealer and certified tuner... he was on the phone with Apexi telling them what was up and they couldn't even figure out why it wasn't working... he said maybe the solenoid was messed up...

So right now it's just got a bleed valve on there... Which i'm not exactly thrilled about... but it gets the job done

The injector duty cycle on the settings in the PFC are at 86.5%

Ahh I didn't see the mods cos they were in the sig. Yeah that walbro is running lean up top like they all do. Ditch it and get something better. A GTR pump should do the job.

I think the injectors should be up to the task too. Check the pump.

Ahh I didn't see the mods cos they were in the sig. Yeah that walbro is running lean up top like they all do. Ditch it and get something better. A GTR pump should do the job.

I think the injectors should be up to the task too. Check the pump.

Unfortunately GTR pumps are a little hard to source here in the states... What do you think about a Supra TT pump instead?