SAU Community

Luxo Sleeper Aristo Or Legnum

CONRAD

Yes I'm bored.. though at some stage I'm going to purchase an automatic luxo cruiser 2nd car

I quite fancy these two:

What do you guys think would be the better sleeper and best all rounder etc

Toyota Aristo 3L TT

1.jpg

Mitshubishi Legnum 2.5L T 4wd

1.jpg

(would have to be full leather interior of course)

The 2Jz is kind of hard to look past, although with the 4wd of the legnum I'm not sure which would be the fastest.

Edited by CONRAD

I agree the Legnum looks better, and sure the Galant is great.. though getting owned by a wagon is waay more sleeper.

My only concern would be how difficult it is to mod the mitsubishi compared to the 2jz which workshops have had planty of experience with and the fact that the engine is bulletproof.

your gtr back on the road yet conrad? as for either of the cars, i'd go the legnum. i dont know how luxo it is though.

hey, not really.. I sold the car to a friend, whom put his own 33 gtr engine he had into it, I was actually contemplating buying that engine though lucky I didn't as it went pop a few months down the track. So no Nissan's for me, though I picked up a cheap FC and rebuilt that as a change.

Edited by CONRAD

I'd go the aristo myself. The office at j-spec is divided on the issue :) half of us want twin turbo sedans, the other half want legnums or galants... and one monkey in the office wants a V8 aristo with AWD... although... I'd be getting the AWD V8 aristo, takin out the V8 engine and puttin in the 2jz :O oooo yeah! giggety giggety!

They don't come in a manual version, but we are finding a few that have been converted. Because its not a factory option, each manual that we come across HAVE to be thoroughly inspected, to check if the quality of the conversion is done professionally using factory parts etc, or a hack n slash kinda job. Once the inspection is done, the photos and report are sent to the compliancer who will carry out compliance on the car... only if they agree to comply the car do we go ahead with the purchase.

Basically its a bit of a headache... it'd be so much more hassle free if the conversion was done locally after the car was complied n registered.

The aristo is by far the classier car. Its got a better engine too. Over here in NZ there a millions of turbo legnums and they arent really up there spec wise.

You could also try a nissan cima with a 4.1L V8 or a turbo leopard or a turbo gloria/cedric or even turbo laurel

Cima:

19978901_full.jpg

gloria:

21539337_full.jpg

Edited by GorGasm

Bring on the legnum.

I love the jaggered looks of the legnum, the aristo is too like, rounded.

Still take a stagea over a legnum any day of the week though, but for what they are/cost, they are nice cars. Must get the manual though, the tiptronic boxes are very breakable so ive heard.

PS. The best sleeper? Id get the legnum mate, nothings as good as a hard 4wd launch to surprize your enemy, and it sure helps in the twisties.