SAU Community

I Dare You To Overheat Now!

bren

He said ARE not ARC...

BTW, Richard of ARE at Brendale is a good customer of mine and his products are simply the best aviable on the market here in Australia.

cool, but look at the price difference .. especially since he is in the UK .. ARC is same price shipped ans the ARE is unshipped...

Ooooh, like sexy but how expensive? :eek: :cry:

Does like superb though.

oc01d.jpg

You don't have to buy an ARC one.. I had one on an R32 that I wanted to replace.

I priced up custom made like that. It's just a normal cooler bent slightly to fit. Not to complicated.

You don't have to buy an ARC one.. I had one on an R32 that I wanted to replace.

I priced up custom made like that. It's just a normal cooler bent slightly to fit. Not to complicated.

Is this an intercooler or an oil cooler?

If you find your air temps are adversly affected or still aren't getting the result you want, have a look at this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OIL-COOLER-...639755922QQrdZ1

I got one of these from Ebay in the US for $75 AUD from an auction. Paid $145 AUD all up delivered by air mail to australia. Relocated your battery to the boot and this will fit nicely in its place. Keep trawling thru ebay you find all kinds of bargins. It will require a little fabrication work but considering your car I doubt you'll be afraid of that. These oil coolers retail for something like $900 USD and are purpose built for Nascar, mine was made by C & R radiators.

You can'd beat a water cooled oil system for consistant and controllable oil temps. Nascar do it for a reason.

Edited by GTST4Newbie

Na they flow really well, as the internal oil cooler is a plate style.

Check out this link... gives you an idea of the internal design.

http://www.crracing.com/custom_built/external_heat.shtml

Because it uses water as well the surface area for heat exchange can be greatly reduced while still achieving the same thermal efficency as a large air-oil cooler. Simular principal to anything you might have read on water-air intercooling.

Na they flow really well, as the internal oil cooler is a plate style.

Check out this link... gives you an idea of the internal design.

http://www.crracing.com/custom_built/external_heat.shtml

Because it uses water as well the surface area for heat exchange can be greatly reduced while still achieving the same thermal efficency as a large air-oil cooler. Simular principal to anything you might have read on water-air intercooling.

Do they need to be sat in airflow or could we mount it behind the headlight? They look a novel (to me) way to deal with oil temp problems. Very interesting :D

You can mount it in your boot if you don't mind running the plumbing to it.

So long as your main radiator gets sufficent enough air flow, your oil temps will be maintained around the 80-90 degree mark with the rest of your engine, which is where they should be.

Most oils begin to loose viscosity around 85-90 degrees, and are really down hill by 130 degrees. The additives in them burn etc and become abrasive, which is really bad....

I purchased mine for my VW, not for my skyline. As the VW is oil/air cooled, maintaining a constant oil temp is pretty important, but also hard to do when your engine is bored and stroked 800cc oversize and turbo charged. Water cooling makes engine temperatures a lot easier to manage.

I've mounted the oil cooler inside the car behind the passenger front seat on the floor (under the back seat, and out of sight). Water is electrically pumped through twin front mounted radiators. The electric pumps are controlled by the cars engine management.