SAU Community

NEW R35 GTR Concept Car

Frosty

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those pics are only prototypes.

If you look at the 350z, they kept chopping and changing the design up untill a month before release. Changed the front air dam design slighty around the time of the motorshow in sydney.

Expect to see a twin turbo charged engine, from the 350z, based on the FM platform, with a new variation of attessa 4wd traction, and 4 round lights at the rear as well.

But i wouldnt be suprised if they went for the 4.5L V8 engine from the infinity model.

No matter what though, you will be garanteed that The new GT-R will be the showcase for Nissans techonology and engineering. It has generations of racing pedigree behind it.

This model should elevate it from a 'super' car to a real supercar and hand the Europeans a big can of whoopass !

I don't think they've even confirmed whether the GTR will come to Australia or not. I believe the head dude of Nissan Oz says if they came in RHD, then he'd like to get them here but i have a feeling it's mainly up to Japan. I just hope they change the final version heaps, apparently after the first concept was shown at the Tokyo Motor Show they got a lot of negative feedback and word is that they have changed the look heaps. Hope so.

I doubt Nissan will bring a + $100,000 car into Australia. Nissan Australia lost heaps on the 100 R32 GTRs that it brought in. Mind you $110,000 in 1990/91 was a hell of a lot of dosh!

Let's face it Australia doesn't have the population (or maturity, history - insert appropriate noun) to accept high priced and high tech Japanese cars. Honda's NSX is the exception but even this one sells less than a dozen per year Australia wide.

From what I have read, saw and been told, the new model GT-R wont be a R35, the model has changed to V35 reflecting the use of the 3.5L V6 engine the VG series of engine.

Also the Skyline Sedan and Coupe models still 'kinda' retain the afterburner tail lights, you can see them when the brakes are on although the styling doesn't reflect that during the day.

An article quoted by the chief designer from Nissan Japan stated that the GT-R will/might be a VG35DETT ie. 3.5L Twin Turbo V6 engine with a quoted power rating of 206Kw's (yeah right, they only say that so the governement wont get the wobblies)

ans as Nismodified said, the photos are only concepts, prototypes and artists renditions. No one will really know what the V35 GT-R will look like until it's released at the Tokyo Motor Show later this year.

Nissan Australia will proabably sell the GT-R on an 'as need' basis. Rather than imported 100-200-300 etc. GT-R's into Australia they will look at who has put their hand up for one and get that amount.

Look at HSV's HRT427, 20 people put down deposit's on the car at the Sydney Motor show, even before HSV confirmed that the car was going to be built. and that bu**er is $250,000.

"I'm Kent Brockman, and that was my two cents"

Im curious to know if the new GT-R will be a called a V35? The V35 is the model up from the R34 which is already out now the skyline V35 GT, but if the new GT-R isnt a skyline.Which is what ive heard (just nissan GT-R) Technically it cant be called a V35 GT-R let alone R35 GT-R :P