sky30

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my street is also welcomed 4 burnouts, as my neighbour is a phsyco as well

:( you guys should come around my neighbourhood. No one would notice it, but it would make a nice change from all the holdens doing it out the front.

:D you guys should come around my neighbourhood. No one would notice it, but it would make a nice change from all the holdens doing it out the front.

lol wheres that salisbury nth

hey guys, been a while, but we have a meeting here in whyalla on the 23 september i think, only about three and half hour drive, its not a bad track, only 1/8 off a track tho i think, some of you may know the track, could find out info if anyones interested.

Heh I work in Whyalla. Whats the deal with this?

Any one else got any info?

These guys need to get there shit together!!!

Piss's so many people off.

Is it just that bob jane needs an asskicking?

I say everyone boycott bobjane tyre outlets....

(sarcastic voice)

yeh that will help.

Yeh well i just read on NS.com(reliability is a issue there i know) BUT none the less, word on the street is that the guy that owns City Dismantlers has or is buying it from good old Robert Jane, and has plans on re doing the whole circuit which includes running the drag strip differently........ ie away from the sun, which is prob the best idea AIR have had in a Loooooooong time, I hope this rumour is true and they can finnally begin work on the joint, because it would also be good to see some cicuit work done there again as well as a fresh strip, oh and not too mention the facilities in general!

Edited by Deluxe

yeah Darren, as I understand it the dude from City Dismantlers and BJ are old enemies, and he has tried to buy AIR before. So, he got a consortium together and signed purchase docs to buy the place under a consortium name .... but then somehow BJ found out the CD dude was involved and has tried to pulll the pin on the sale. So, the place has been in limbo for a fair while, and will continue to be until the courts sort it out.

silly old men kick em to the curb hope the courts rule in favour of CD

man that track so badly needs an upgrade but if the whole track/facilities get upgraded ill have no problem shelling out the beans to go watch sum drags

I had a few small dealings with the CD 'dude' as its put when I had my motor built up, did us an awesome price.

Very straight down the line bloke who loves his motorsport and cars. I think he would be good for AIR.

Any one remember the days of Anzac when they had the car park located at the very end of it.

Car park would be packed full of hoon heads, as ppls would leave burnouts were thrown and scream off through the round about.

Eventually a group of police would walk and drive over shutting down the car park and defecting those within.

I have some fond memorys as a teen....

Anzac drag strip has been around since my old man was a teen. :)

From the info' I've heard August '06 was to be a 'big month' for the Bob Jane vs. Bill Russo court case - hopefully a positive result isn't too far away.

As an interesting aside, my Dad was invited to a dinner earlier this year in Tassie that involved a number of ex-racing drivers - and some current ones. Well blow me down if Dad didn't end up seated next to Jimmy Richards and... cranky old bastard Bob Jane himself! I told the old man he should have told Bob to hurry up and sell AIR so we can have the place renovated! Dad said Bob hasn't changed a bit - he's still a cranky stubborn son-of-a-bitch.

Taken from calaisturbo.com that was taken from ausrotory forums. Probably stated before bbbj :mad: discovered it was bill making the purchase.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what i was told today , from a daughter of a prominent TF bike

team owner & who also works for ANDRA

Track should have been sold today to Bill Russo, and has also purchased the land next to Speedway City. Not sure if SC is included.

AIR will be demolished, and a new track will be built, possibly facing the other direction - no more racing into the sun. Admin buildings will be at Speedway City end.

Apparently Tony Thornton,Bill & TF bike owner were discussing ideas over lunch earlier this week.

ONCE AGAIN - TIME WILL TELL

--------------------

do a road trip to whyalla, 23 next month i think,three and half hour drive i mean there will be some preety fearce comp, nah just joking prob just a few hill billys, would be awsome to see a heap of skylines in the pits in stead of these v8s, if any one wants some info i will be happy to find out.