SAU Community

A.i.r Drags

sky30

To little to late for AIR...There must be an alteria motive for BJ to be spending $$$$ on that place....Like him making money, otherwise wouldn't he have spent the $$$ previously? Something more sinister is going on maybe its the old BJ V's BR battle?? Anything you can do i can do better???

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

iMPORTANT MESSAGE to fri night street drag & drift competitors

For the month of May & June Fri night Legal Off Street drags will be running fortnightly! (weather permitting)

Visit our calendar for upcoming LOSD event dates!

For Drift Practice events - stay tuned for further notice!

from the calder park raceway and plans to bring this to AIR aswell.

stay tuned for more

i dont know about anyone else, but im sick of hearing "its happening" and nothing ever does.

they have been saying this for years now.

ill believe it, when i see my car at the staging lines.

^^^ i wish all the clubs in Adelaide would boycott Bobs efforts and so its a waste of money for him

to little too late

wait till the new motorsport complex is built and rub it in Bobs nose

^^^ i wish all the clubs in Adelaide would boycott Bobs efforts and so its a waste of money for him

to little too late

wait till the new motorsport complex is built and rub it in Bobs nose

i dont care which one opens! ill prob use both!

when is this new complex ment to be built anyway?

hmmmm

Important Notice - Adelaide

We have just been advised that nearly all of Adelaide Raceway has been resurfaced, but, when they were on the last section of the back straight the machinery sank through the track.

As a result we will have to cancel May/June in Adelaide.

The track will not be ready for several months as they have to dig out the whole of the back straight and rebuild it.

We apologise for this delay. We are trying to book alternate dates at Mallala and we will advise further when we have more information.

Alison and Marshall

i got the same news as whiplash.

Been booked in for this fast track thing where u drive a v8 around the track and everytime we book about a week before it happens theres always something wrong.

i got the same news as whiplash.

Been booked in for this fast track thing where u drive a v8 around the track and everytime we book about a week before it happens theres always something wrong.

Yeah, friend of mine got one of those fast track days as a gift (birthday), but they kept canceling. He got sick of it and thought "f**k it", told them to go stick it.

:D

Yeah, but no one here is going to be holding their breath just yet.

:woot:

Yeah true but atleast if Calder have brought it, It's a positive sign that something will happen :P

Maybe a mass email to the Calder Park people to find out what's happening and when you guys will see your track again !!

Jess: Bob Jane has owned both Calder Park and AIR for MANY years... and thus is the problem.

Bob is a tight ass and wont do anything properly with regards to upgrading/repairing facilities... that is why the circuit has been closed for so long. In the last few years (partly due to his divorce) Bob has spent as little as he could, and what he has spent has all been at Calder, NOTHING at AIR. (till now it seems).

But with this sink hole set back, wouldnt surprise me if he doesn't spend anything for another 12+ months.

Jess: Bob Jane has owned both Calder Park and AIR for MANY years... and thus is the problem.

Bob is a tight ass and wont do anything properly with regards to upgrading/repairing facilities... that is why the circuit has been closed for so long. In the last few years (partly due to his divorce) Bob has spent as little as he could, and what he has spent has all been at Calder, NOTHING at AIR. (till now it seems).

But with this sink hole set back, wouldnt surprise me if he doesn't spend anything for another 12+ months.

Bob has never spent anything at AIR. That place has been deteriorating for over 10 years!

Signs half dangling over the track etc! :geek:

Oh well I just learnt something..I thought Calder where different people..

yes I know its been deteriating :) the last time I was there was when Jack Daniels brought there drag car out and did a massive burnout display down the strip was awesome and there was a massive crowd, Adelaide has had some awesome stuff that you dont see anywhere else :D

But they advertise for V8 laps and driver training at AIR :geek:

Edit: Been reading back..

• 5 weeks later...

well good ol'bob has left the work on the track to late and has had to relocate the next round of his AMRC (which means we miss out on seeing some decent racing cars).Knowing how half arsed the series is run, i'm surprised they aren't racing around the construction work on the track