SAU Community

A.i.r Drags

sky30

wow, nice time. what kind of mods are you running with the rb30? im looking at building one up in not too distant future but don't wanna spend a fortune on it.

Edited by tx3_90

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wow, I wonder what that would equate to in the 1/4.............judging by the official, he obviously thinks a 10?!

Did you drive it there or trailer it?

about 10.4-10.5 sec 1/4mile @ about 134MPH.

I took it on a trailer, i smashed a gearbox a couple of weeks ago, so didnt want to get stuck there.....

Raced today at Whyalla, ran 6.8 sec @ 170KM/H don the 1/8 mile., Got told by the ANDRA official i need a cage if i want to race there again....

The only other turbo car at the meet today was a new VW turbo

I ran a 10.61 at 133mph on 19psi with the 1/8 at [email protected] your moving!!!

good work, makes me laugh at what a fast car was not that many years ago (110mphish over a 1/4)

that now you do it at half track, ha,ha

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

I ran a 10.61 at 133mph on 19psi with the 1/8 at [email protected] your moving!!!

good work, makes me laugh at what a fast car was not that many years ago (110mphish over a 1/4)

that now you do it at half track, ha,ha

cheers

darren

Hey Darren,

My car does gets moving once it gets traction, i need some better tyres, was just running my daily $150 17"tyres, couldnt get the best start

Yeah i remember a few years back in my VL turbo ran 12.6 @175kmh at AIR 1/4mile, i thought it was fast to get 170kmh in 400m, now im doing 170kmh in 200m.

Yeh i think i did 1.73 60 ft on that pass, on the 10.20 60 ft was 1.77!

shithouse.... should be able to get into the 1.5's next time hopefully

cheers

darren

what sort of RWKW did you have to run the 10.6, and the 10.2?

what sort of RWKW did you have to run the 10.6, and the 10.2?

10.6 don't know?? 390rwkw??, and the 10.2 around 440-50rwkw to run 141mph.

it made 470rwkw , but unfortuntely had a boost leak, should trap 143mph with that

in full street trim.

It's easy 9 sec mph, I only hooked the transbrake up before i left

and left the wires on the ground, i pulled them out with my feet accidently at the track so

it didn't work, got it working again when i got home, so next time get to use that to get the boost up to

15psi to launch, instead of 7-8psi on the footbrake.

specs:

Rb30 sohc

Garrett GT4245 - .91 A/R / 94mm exducer (Rated to 850hp) Roller bearing turbo

Turbo smart 48mm external waste gate

6Boost (Kyle) custom exhaust manifold

Screamer pipe

Microtech LTx12

Bosch 6 coil set up

Sard 700cc injectors

ARC GTR 600mm x 300mm x 100mm intercooler

Tomei Head Gasket

ARP Head Stud Kit

LukeVL 272 camshaft (220 @.50)

Adjustable cam gear

JD Plenum (On n/a runners) / XF Throttle Body

Ported Head (MaceRace)

stock rods

cast precison pistons

KEAS 1000 hp powerglide, transbrake, 3500rpm stall

stock diff, 3.45 gears

26x8.5 et streets

water injection

470rwkw on 26psi at 6500rpm...lazy motor/pump fuel ,water injection, fullboost at 4250rpm

lasted for 3 yrs with the cast pistons ans stock rods and never any less than 23psi, and up to

26psi in the end on pump fuel, but alternator stopped charging and stopped pumps

nuked only 1 cast piston...lol, still have 6 good rods and 5 good pistons,good bearings and rings! could have just slapped it back together with one piston

But have a new motor finished now with cp forgies, h-beam rods, big valves,

big solid camshaft [email protected]", roller rockers(just released), 90mm t/b , and short

runner jpc plenum, billet borg warner 70mm comp wheel in turbo,comp raised from 7.4 to 8.4

so hopefully should rev and make power to 7800-8000rpm.

want to run deep into the 9's at 145mph+ (trying for 150mph)in full street trim, so i am after

550rwkw on a pump fuel, be it 98 or e85

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

good to hear she's forged now Andrew!

hey Darren & Ash, I'm keen to know more about both of your specs..........beats the heck out of some of the crap on a couple of the other threads at the moment!!

Mine isn't much compared to the like's of Joel's, Andrew's and Darren's but my engine mod list is:

Stock rebuilt RB30e

Stock RB25de (non vvt head)

Custom Spec reground GTR cams

adjustable cam gears

Apexi Power Fc

GT 35/40 (1.06e/h) from xr6t

GTR injectors

Nismo FPR

Apexi panel filter

I think thats it!

Mine is,

RB30/26 built myself

CP pistons

Spool Rods

RB26 sump/front 4wd diff adapted to the block

RB26 head

Stock plenum

GT35r

Custom exhaust manifold, made by myself

Microtech lt12, Tuned myself

Makes 397rwkw on 20psi, cams are set-up for more midrange/ less top end power, Full boost (20-22psi) at 3200 RPM, rev limit at 7500rpm.

i soooo cant wait to see your car back in action Darren....and i cant wait for air to be reopened....i know the first few meets will be packed out with all the old school racers...i just wanna have mine running properly b4 i take mine down....i'll be running off the footbrake like what you used to darren.....from what ive seen with a similar car, a low 13 should be in the books for me....a low 13 in a full trim daily driver woudlnt be too bad....plus my missus wants to run her car down there too :P

• 1 month later...

Ok bumping this thread...

It's now February and I got promied that AIR was going to have stuff up and running in January.. :happy:

Guys any news?

P.s Shame Brett Stevens wont be coming to SA town again..Best Times watching him at AIR and the shennanigans he preformed *spelling* ;)

yeh that is a bloody shame about brett stevens, the thing is every top fuel team is either involved in drugs or some form of money laundering and i dare say the police/tax men will be taking a intrest in em all over the next few months... drag racing as a whole in aus might be in trouble lol

but yeh AIR is fooooooked, and pt adelaide strip is all talk, they havent even bought the land

lol everyone had their hopes up for AIR to open again

AIR is so McPhucked that its not funny...but apparently there has been some work being done at AIR tracks

maybe they havent timed the project properly and need more time