SAU Community

A.i.r Drags

sky30

lol doesnt hurt taking 5 minutes of your time to fill it out .. not even 5 minutes make that 2 ahahaha

This is true and the right attitude to have! If you dont get involved and show the governement and corporation what you the people in SA want how the hell are they ever going to know? :thumbsup:

^^^ Exactly. Its been poorly managed and funded for a long time. Let it die. Let it be bought by some body/corporation with more brains and management qualities.

With petitions out there like this and get as many people to sign as possible and advertise it to the public, media, corporations and government they are more inclinded to do something about it cause the public are saying they want it so there is a market...

"Great way to get the hoons off the street"

I only posted in this thread cause it's relavant :) The petition could be send to the boss of Calder Park? Might hurry them up...you never know unless you try!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bahhh drag racing is just like farting in the bath .............once the noise has gone ya just left with the smell lol #95 too sign just too make ya's happy

LOL... yep #96 here. :)

Should try and post the petiton link in other car club webpages :( I have posted on fullboost and started to email the drag racing associations in SA.

Put the link in your signature

Need thousands of signatures to make an impact and if you all do a little part by telling a friend, posting it on another forum. It can happen!

I wrote to AMC the new owners of AIR and asked what and why and when will things be back up and running!! This is his reply :ermm:

P.s AMC also own Winton,Wakefield,Calder Park and Queensland Race way..Bob Jane is just a contributor now

Hi Jessica

Reconstruction and upgrading works are in progress and are expected to continue thru to mid to late December.

We are anticipating a return to both legal off street drag racing as well as open bracket racing.

As we get closer all event information will be on the Adelaide International Raceway website

Kind regards,

Bryan J Nokes

Chief Executive Officer

Australian Motorsports Club Ltd

:wave: Jesss, however I hate to say it - but same shit different day.

Although they have been claiming late december for 6+ months now (I've called Paul the track manager a few times over the last 6 months), so MAYBE they actually might make the date.... :ermm:

I wanted to hear it straight from the horses mouth so I asked :ermm:

I dont want to give up hope that there will be AIR or a different drag facility up and running in the near future..Its been going on for far to long and atleast I am willing to try and do something about it..

Every state needs motorsport facility drag and circuit!!

what blows me away are all these new threads from wannabes informing us about what we should do and how we should either petition or harrass MP's & councils etc, yet they don't do anything themselves to get the ball rolling so we can either jump on the bandwagon or follow suit.........just alot of hot air dribble and a thread for thread's sake!

Here we have a female living in another state that's more concerned about the motorsport scene in SA than we are........aforementioned post for an example.

Well done Jess & keep up the good work

what blows me away are all these new threads from wannabes informing us about what we should do and how we should either petition or harrass MP's & councils etc, yet they don't do anything themselves to get the ball rolling so we can either jump on the bandwagon or follow suit.........just alot of hot air dribble and a thread for thread's sake!

Here we have a female living in another state that's more concerned about the motorsport scene in SA than we are........aforementioned post for an example.

Well done Jess & keep up the good work

Pete, me and a few street machine mates and biker mates had been pushing to get AIR open again soon ... for quite a while now.

We're always met with "we've done all we can do"

But I know what you mean.

:)

Pete - I agree there is a fair bit of "hot air" puffed around, its been posted many times on here, ns.com etc. about online petitions and "ive signed it" - yet how many got off their Lazy Asses and went to the Pt Adelaide Complex rally back in January? probably about 5-10% if we were lucky I reckon. There were the usual excuses posted the next day, "i forgot, it was too hot - i was still hungover".

When I was down there, I could almost see so many old-school guys who wouldn't generally go near a computer, and plenty of old school cars, but very few imports.

Your right - it's a sad state.

I just hoped that 1 more (me) harassing AIR track manager would do something in the mean time if the Pt Adelaide complex (which I would much prefer) doesnt get up and running