SAU Community

Post Up Your R33!

nizmo_freek

black and polished always works best...thats why harleys always do it...its high maintenance but the results are worthy.. :thumbsup:

how clean is your undercariage, hose it down and soak all your suspensions in wd40, rinse and repeat till it looks clean, clean out your brakes..costs next to nothing and will get you respect points at the hoist as well..

04102011719.jpg

DSC03199.jpg

nice work :). when i first read WD and brakes i was like :O, then i realised you didnt leave them on for the WDing.

need to paint my calipers before doing anything like that, i still have inner plastics in my wheel arches that i keep clean :)......till i rip them out on a bump.

hehe..i cleaned the calipers with brakecleen and hot water with some dishawashing liquid..dropped all the little parts in some aluminium wash stuff called aluplus or somtehing, its kind of like the stuff your grandma uses to clean brass and cutlery but more toxic, it actually stipped the coating off some of the bolts :nuke: ....cleaned the pads up with some hot water and a scourer...also pinched the scrubber brush from the kitchen sink, missus wasnt too happy about that

yeah thats usually how it starts hey, takes 2 hours to pull it all apart and 2 months to get it all back together again...

I actually started polishing some bolts before i realized i was just being silly :laugh:

yeah thats usually how it starts hey, takes 2 hours to pull it all apart and 2 months to get it all back together again...

Hahaha..... Soooooooo true.

Oh and BTW I told you god knows how long ago polishing is for mugs :)

well i got my wheels polishes properly and they look mint, but just had a bottle of wheel polish next to me while i was putting the brakes together so i though id have a go...one bolt was as far as I got and i didnt even finish it .. >_<

but i tell ya wd40 is the shit..i have degreased under my car heaps of times with various products and got nothing but lacklustre results..discovered wd40 is only 7$ a can at bunnings and thats the big can, half the price of auto shops..I let loose 2 cans under my whole car and it looks like new..everything is shiny black instead of dusty brown..And it stays black even after it dries unlike the cheapy crap degreaser....