SAU Community

Post Up Your R33!

nizmo_freek

6435805381_a7c07dc123_b.jpg

Taken by Matt last week at the Legends dinner. :cheers:

When the sun gets so low that a pinkish hue is emitted over everything, the 'softened white' of your car draws you in doesn't it?

The timing has to be perfect!

2 minutes later and it's gone!

My newish 33 :)

HOLY CRAP! I was set to buy this exact car a couple of years ago, booked flight from Hobart to Melbourne to go and inspect it, and the guy sold it the night before I was coming over! I ended up with something almost identical anyway...

Series 1 interior yeah?

Semi-as promised: Car didn't leave the garage, but I did take a few quick snaps: This thing is quite dark in the shade but is VERY vibrant in the sun. Minus the peeling clear coat near the boot, unfortunately.

GxOR9.jpg

Y72xD.jpg

The OWENs have it!

IMG_0332.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

yup, those are buddyclub P1's, seen a few other 33's with those shoes on too.

not sexy deep dish things but light enough for the track, yeah the plates have got me pulled over a few times but no defects so far...knock on wood!

Lol. It is now a work in progress again. All in the name of getting more tyre.

mockfrntrt.jpg

mockrear.jpg

This rear Kit is nice post up some finish shots this is something i would love to do to my car.

if you dont mind me asking who did you buy this from?

This rear Kit is nice post up some finish shots this is something i would love to do to my car.

if you dont mind me asking who did you buy this from?

From Viva Garage. Ive heard mixed opinions so I bought expecting to modify fairly heavily but you know what. It is actually going together quite well. Cut about 1 cm of a hidden part of fibreglass off to clear the headlight, Thats about all and its gonna fit like a glove with minimal gaps. May need a very minor trim to clear the door. But its very close.

Only question being with the rears. Do I leave it with just the lower portion widened. Or do I pack it right out and completely round off the rear quarters. My mind is halfway between both options.

It's looking very nice Luke!

For the traditional look you know the answer.

For an individual look it's the other answer.

And I don't think it would detract from the value of the car should you sell it further down the track - especially with a good choice of wheel.

As for me?

I don't mind either way.