SAU Community

Translation Of Auction Sheet

mick34

I just purchased an r33 GTR and was wondering if there was anyone who could help translate parts of the auction sheet for me. Especially the part about the damage, clutch i bieleve? and any other issues in the general comments that i should know.

thanks

Thanks for all the help guys

Edited by mick34

I just purchased a series 3 r33 GTR and was wondering if there was anyone who could help translate parts of the auction sheet for me. Especially the part about the damage, clutch i bieleve? and any other issues in the general comments that i should know.

thanks

it say big front accident and most the car has been painted ..its a sh8tbox basically

Could anyone actually translate the writing? From my experience i can only see that the 2 doors have been resprayed and the bonnet has been replaced, and to my knowledge it doesnt seem to have a a bad front end acident. Is this the case??

Any help will be much appreciated.

Im not the best at these auction sheets so don't ask me about other things but the things i can work out (or can be arsed to work out) are...

Brembo Brakes..

EVC Boost Controller

17" Wheels...

Some kind of headlights../something to do with headlights..

Something about an Intercooler Pipe...

and a Sumo Bumper or something.. Dunno..

Thats all i can get.

well yeah bonnet replaced, and being grade 2 may not be in the best of shape. if somone can translate all the kana for you that will help. it's a bit too hard for me to make out.

Some kind of headlights../something to do with headlights..

It has awesome value added Xenon headlights installed... good for another 100,000 yen on top of the asking price.

Something about an Intercooler Pipe...
It's got aftermarket alloy pipng or something to that effect.
and a Sumo Bumper or something.. Dunno..

No offense Poida but it's a 'Nismo' bumper... that '=' is actually 二 (ni).

About the hitherto untranslated bits of the auction sheet:

On the 28th March 2002 (when the car was previously up for auction), the mileage at that time read 44,900kms and a claim was made to dispute this - probably by examining paperwork - so that just a few months prior on 11th Dec 2001 the odometer read 49,554kms. It's most likely had it's instrument cluster changed.

In other words, this sucker is packing up to 100,000kms lifespan :D;) ;)

Thanks guys i really appreciate all the help. (yeah i was aware it had a new bonnet, HKS intercooler piping, desputed kms but my guy says they are close to what is there, and it is a grade R not 2 i bieleve which would be due to the replaced bonnet and 2 doors resprayed).

Just one thing i was told the clutch is gone in it does this say it anywhere in the sheet? Any other info would be great.

Thanks again it has really helped

It's got aftermarket alloy pipng or something to that effect.

No offense Poida but it's a 'Nismo' bumper... that '=' is actually 二 (ni).

About the hitherto untranslated bits of the auction sheet:

Honto da Rezz... sumimasen deshta :D

Honto da Rezz... sumimasen deshta :D

Just a matter of deciphering those auction workers chicken scratch handwriting hey? Mind you it's almost as dificult for native Japanese to decipher as it is to us lowly P-plater gaijin.

the w2 means obvious repair ..bonnet and both sides of car have been painted..this is from the accident where core support replaced and front inners repaired ..damage to doors is most likely from where guards folded and hit doors from impact ..this is a sh8tbox ..hope its cheap

Hey didnt think it was worth making a new thread for it, so figure i'll chuck it in here: would I be able to get some stuff translated into Kanji? I have it in Hiragana but I would like it in Kanji, and the person who translated into Hiragana can't do Kanji for some reason:

Itsumademo Yokomukini

(Should mean Sideways Always or something along those lines...if its not I'd like to know)

also a translation of Drift into Romaji and Kanji if possible.

Also, since my computer is being retarded and refuses to show Japanese characters, could you like do a screenshot or something and have it in JPEG or whatever format?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

<^>

the w2 means obvious repair ..bonnet and both sides of car have been painted..this is from the accident where core support replaced and front inners repaired ..damage to doors is most likely from where guards folded and hit doors from impact ..this is a sh8tbox ..hope its cheap

Gaurds havnt been replaced or resprayed (so unknown how u came to that conclusion) and from others ive been told that there was no accident at the front with all original gear for the series 3 and no sign of repair at the front. The original Nismo front was installed when the car was purchased (as can be seen from the reciepts and is still currently on the car). From my experience W3 generally means a noticible paint and repair job and the W2 means repainted but not from a serious accident. Very keen to hear other peoples opinions though.

Thanks for your input anyway

Gaurds havnt been replaced or resprayed (so unknown how u came to that conclusion) and from others ive been told that there was no accident at the front with all original gear for the series 3 and no sign of repair at the front. The original Nismo front was installed when the car was purchased (as can be seen from the reciepts and is still currently on the car). From my experience W3 generally means a noticible paint and repair job and the W2 means repainted but not from a serious accident. Very keen to hear other peoples opinions though.

Thanks for your input anyway

yeah what would i know have only bought 200 cars from jap auctions..R has always meant chassis alighner to me and W2 is obvious repair w1 means repainted

also happen to know a little about crash and paint repairs as my father spent 45 years as a painter 18 years of that as tafe teacher for motor vehicle painting...show me a painter that can paint a bonnet and 2 doors and not the guards . :D .the w2 goes into the qtr panels as well ...once again hope its cheap

You can have my reading of it - the radiator core support and the front cross member have both been replaced for starters. Mate, it's been hit by a Shinkansen. Took 30 seconds to work that one out.

This car is no good for compliance, and if an exporter seriously bought this car for you in Japan, they should be shot. If you bought it yourself, let this be a warning to everyone who thinks they're better off saving $1K on a broker's fee and doing it themselves.

Edited by vrfour

Thanks guys for all your replies. Well the car is in and have just had it all checked over by both my mechanic, my panel beater and the compliancer.

Mechanics notes:

Compression 150,150,150,148,150,150

Clutch- basically gone

up on the hoist- Car looks straight, no rust, small leak at gear box (nothing serious he has assured me), claims most of the GTR's he sees has some sign there.

From the panel beater: (he looked it over for nearly half an hour, pulled out a lot of the trim etc) thats what you get when ur girlfriends dads a panel beater :D

Cant see a sign of any serious repair, Every panel is in line, claims you can see very minimal colour differance from the door to the rear quater however hardly noticeble (front gaurds therefore have been re painted as Jake32 stated). So any major repairs have been done correctly (which from experience is very rare in Japan). All original series 3 parts Xenon lights front bar etc. All airbags original series 3. So i guess if it got hit by a bullet train it must have been going very slow ;)

all in all im really happy with it it is absolutely immaculate inside (bar the shit head unit) and looks great outside, exactly what id expected.

Well it just goes to show how innacurate some of the information can be on Auction sheets (it takes the guys 5 minutes to write them up so no surprises there) and you just have to trust your guy in Japan for his Judgement when he looks the car over. Lucky the guy i use im personaly friends with and one of the most padantic guys that i know, and has been doing this for most his life.

Thanks again for all the info. Now ready to get her on the road and start wasting money on performance parts :O

Best of luck with it, sounds like you could be lucky, but unless your girlfriends father is the one inspecting it for compliance you arent out of the woods just yet.

Yeah thanks mate. The car is being complianced now should be done next week. He doesnt seem to see any probs with the car but we will see how it goes with the engineer or so forth.