NewKleer

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

one quiestion do u have a how to install one of these units some where ?? would to see one and i might consider for you to add me to ur list...

ps hope this is not an annoying question sorry if it is....just need to make sure

Edited by BRUNSKIGTST

• 3 weeks later...

yep ill let u know when theyre ready

ive got the prototype boards made so now i need to write the firmware for the new features in 2.0 boards (user control of brightness/contrast, user firmware updating, trip meter screen, logging to sdcard, retrieving logs, working as a consult interface without a switch)

• 2 weeks later...

here's a pic showing the prototype ive made (space for usb connector bottom left, and microsd card would live under and just above where the usb connector goes). this one is for KM/metric, theres also equivalent miles/MPG/Gal one on the site if you've set to miles in the options.

v2proto1.jpg

will do

mini update - waiting on some parts (around 3 weeks), then i can order final pcb (once minor changes made to prototype pcb, nothing major i found wrong with it) and send parts for boards to be assembled. hopefully by end of February ill have boards made and assembled, so from there is only about 30 minutes of assembly my end for each display. then whenever i get enclosures made ill be able to start a new group buy, assuming ive completed the firmware by then (if i can get user updatable firmware working, then i will be able to start shipping and new features can be added later with firmware updates...eg logging to microSD will probably be left till a future update).

Peter

will do

mini update - waiting on some parts (around 3 weeks), then i can order final pcb (once minor changes made to prototype pcb, nothing major i found wrong with it) and send parts for boards to be assembled. hopefully by end of February ill have boards made and assembled, so from there is only about 30 minutes of assembly my end for each display. then whenever i get enclosures made ill be able to start a new group buy, assuming ive completed the firmware by then (if i can get user updatable firmware working, then i will be able to start shipping and new features can be added later with firmware updates...eg logging to microSD will probably be left till a future update).

Peter

Hey Mate,

Any idea if these will work on a V35?

I keep hearing that V35 uses CAN and that a few people have trouble using general Nissan consult tools.

(in saying that i have no idea what the above is)

Cheers

got user updatable firmware going (which was one of the bigger bottlenecks with writing the firmware).

so upgrading firmware with newer versions as i add functionality down the track, would be as simple as:

1) open update program

2) selecting com port of usb cable

3) selecting upgraded firmware file (which would be downloaded from site)

4) clicking "program" (then prompts you to power off device, but we dont do that)

5) and then on the device going into Options->Reset->"Reset Now", which starts transfer of updated firmware.

unfortunately it will only have usb connectivity...(it has a USB type B socket, so you use a usb A-B cable, like a typical printer one). having the serial cable was a nuisance for the majority of users who wouldnt hook it up to a PDA, and most recent laptops dont have serial ports anymore. so for 95% of users, it was both more convenient with removable cable, and they dont need to buy a usb/serial converter.

yep jeff ur my list since 22/11/07. at some point ill have to put up a list somewhere to keep track myself and so people can check (but generally if u have posted in this thread or any of the others ill stick everyone in right place on the list whenever i get around to finishing this v2 lot). there will be around 100 for this batch, so hopefully that will be enough :rolleyes:

im hoping to have PCB's manufactured and assembled this month, and at a guess i might get enclosures ready sometime in march. that should hopefully give me some time to start getting the displays put together (minus the enclosure) so theyre quick to go out once enclosures are made.

when i get to the point if im only waiting on enclosures, then anyone who's interested can get a "naked" one and help out with final testing with it (and i can send out enclosures seperately or u can send display back for it to be fitted). would just need to be sure none of the pcb contacts on back are shorted, but aside from that the LCD slots into the PCB very securely.

in the little time ive had this week, ive been able to check that a buzzer ive put on the board works, so we should have audible alerts at some point (eg speed/temp/rpm).

still need to get an "overall" trip meter data saved/viewable somewhere (maybe similar to peak values), so u can see trip meter stats for a whole tank of fuel, etc (rather than just since you turned car on).