• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok ive finally made a list of people who've registered interest here:

http://www.ecutalk.com/consultlcd/lcdorders.php

if you thought you had but arent on the list, either just post here/pm me. theres about 50 people so far on the list, but some of those are people that registered interest quite a while ago so not expecting all to still go ahead with V2. im getting a batch of 100 made, so should be enough anyway.

still waiting to hear about enclosures, should have PCB's changes completed and ready for manufacture by end of this month (then a few weeks till delivery of those)

• 3 weeks later...

ill be getting 100 made in this batch, id expect maybe half of those to be taken by people waiting, and the rest to sell until sold - then probably keep making while ever there is still demand (and while ive still got time etc). only reason i stopped the v1 displays was so i could make them better

yeah im using the trip meter screen much more than the main data display, surprised i didnt think to get the trip meter done sooner!

wont have DIN mount available to start with (hard enough getting plain enclosures done for when PCB will be ready) - but it will be smaller than DIN so you can probably rig it up into a din slot somehow

yeah im using the trip meter screen much more than the main data display, surprised i didnt think to get the trip meter done sooner!

wont have DIN mount available to start with (hard enough getting plain enclosures done for when PCB will be ready) - but it will be smaller than DIN so you can probably rig it up into a din slot somehow

That's cool, more flexible

• 3 weeks later...

these arrived today. havent had a chance to test that theyve been assembled right though. pics, like all my pics, suck, but you get the drift.

given whats there, for each display (minus the enclosure), i need to place the pcb sub-board on the left (with buttons/usb), need to put the 3 chips in their socket, make and attach the cable, and then solder connectors onto the LCD and slot it in. which, compared to last lot (where i hand soldered all 50) is a lot less work! though there is 100 for this lot.

ill be sending one off to help with making a prototype enclosure, hopefully not too long after that we might have a prototype enclosure and sometime next month (fingers crossed) be ready to start selling them.

v2pcb.jpg

v2pcbs.jpg

yes white on blue screens will be available for $10 extra. they arent as easy to see as the green/yellow as they compete with natural light (green/yellow is enhanced by natural light)

yeh i read that on ur website. do u reckon if i put a sunshade on it it will be easier to read, the screen must look sick as at night time

probably depends on where its mounted and how much ambient light it gets. say low in a DIN slot should be fine, but on the dash may be almost impossible to read in daylight. but on the other side, mounting it low might come into viewing angle problems as the displays have better viewing angles from below (ie, u want the display up high/level rather than below) so that may be a bit of a compromise.

heres a video from a few years ago with the blue screen:

http://www.ecutalk.com/consultlcd/consultlcd.avi

from memory the display was shaded a bit whilst recording (i was driving, cant remember exactly). id say thats the best ive seen the blue one in natural light, i guess its hard to really know until you do it. of course at night time its great. personally i only would use the green one, but im not one much for looks

though if you find you dont like the blue ones i can swap a yellow one over for you for cost of postage

• 2 weeks later...

doesnt look like you did, so ive added you to list (which is up to date now for SAU ppl)

btw in case i havent mentioned price much recently - still aiming for it to be $200 + postage (add $10 for blue screen version), but cant confirm that till ive got enclosures sorted.

depends on your use of the display...

if you want it there for continual monitoring, etc, and perhaps want to mount it somewhere easily seen, then you probably want the yellow/green.

if you want it more for looks and the occasional use of various functions but not necessarily continual monitoring, and are happy to mount it out of direct sunlight, then blue/white one would be good.

the lcd is removable (requires 1 resistor to be changed) so i can always swap over the lcd at a later time if required

at this stage i think we'll be lucky if we get it sometime in may, most likely june. until i actually have the enclosures in my hands i cant make any promises.