SAU Community

Ecutalk Consult Lcd Displays

NewKleer

What I really want is just a consult cable that has Video out RCA on the other end, with rom software to display all the important readings similar to the 8 line display of a factory R34GTR console. Then I could just plug it into the aux-in of my double din DVD player and I would be done. I wish someone would make a device like this - quite easy to do! Are you able to do something like this NewKleer?

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

its very difficult to do (20x more effort than what ive done in the character screen), but there are existing products around that do similar to what you're after. hks camp (discontinued, i think this is similar to r34gtr console) and techtom vlogger. but theyll cost like $400+ if u can get them

• 2 weeks later...
What I really want is just a consult cable that has Video out RCA on the other end, with rom software to display all the important readings similar to the 8 line display of a factory R34GTR console. Then I could just plug it into the aux-in of my double din DVD player and I would be done. I wish someone would make a device like this - quite easy to do! Are you able to do something like this NewKleer?

Its is possible to modify an R34GTR MFD to output to a standard screen, but for most ppl it is to much time, effort & $$$.

Personally I'd be happy with software for PC that could be skinned to act/look the same as the 34 MFD, possibly using ECUtalk or similar as a service if need be... unfortunately nothing half decent is out there(that i've found) so ill end up having to sort it out for myself lol

btw. HKS Camp 2 has been released, but still very $$$...

Its is possible to modify an R34GTR MFD to output to a standard screen, but for most ppl it is to much time, effort & $$.

Personally I'd be happy with software for PC that could be skinned to act/look the same as the 34 MFD, possibly using ECUtalk or similar as a service if need be... unfortunately nothing half decent is out there(that i've found) so ill end up having to sort it out for myself lol

btw. HKS Camp 2 has been released, but still very $$...

With the appropriate data steams I could probably manage to do an interface in Flash/AIR.

• 2 weeks later...

would people prefer a plastic enclosure similar to the last lot, or a metal one?

would be similar size etc, though the metal one would have holes on front to screw lcd onto (plastic would be all snap together, no screws), would weigh a bit more

metal one may end up ~$15 cheaper

ill try get pictures of the metal prototype soon

yeh metal would be painted black (perhaps a few white)

theres a chance id go both - get 100 metal, and then say 50 or less plastic - but that would mean theres more than $15 difference as the plastic will cost more for lesser quantity. (maybe say $185 vs $210)

whichever one is ready to be made first will probably be the one im more likely to go with, as its been forever and then some waiting for the enclosures design/manufacture

V1 users, you can send back your displays for upgrade to final v1.0 firmware, which adds the trip meter screen. more info on the website

V1 displays can be traded in for $100 off a V2 display.

And here's a rather dodgy phone picture of a prototype metal enclosure. Note that the LCD isnt secured to the metal box in this image, and its sitting a bit high, and the holes for buttons/USB are slightly larger than needed.

post-4553-1211809063_thumb.jpg

din is roughly 180x50, so it will be less than single DIN size. im not making it full single DIN size because not everyone would mount it in DIN, and it would cost more for "empty" space.

Metal or plastic I'm easy... but I'd probably end up putting a single-DIN plastic spacer over the front to space it out to a DIN size as it'd probably look better than having 'ears'.

once ive got all demand covered i might get some form of DIN mount made up that it can slot into, though this would be the 'ears' you talk about (unless u meant ears would be empty space).

leaving that to last because users themselves may come up with good ideas for mounting (even modifying din pockets for the display to slot into)