SAU Community

Ecutalk Consult Lcd Displays

NewKleer

ive got a 2nd plastic place also working on an enclosure, i reckon 1 out of 3 places should have something in next 4-6 weeks! dont want to have to get ball rolling with a 4th place!

i should have gone with this 3rd place from the start - their turn around times were about 2 months (back in feb) and i thought "so they wont be done till april? thats too long!" - and forgot about them. contacted them the other day and leadtimes are closer to 4-6 weeks so ill get them starting on a design this week.

reminder that the start of this thread has all info relating to the v1 group buy - i should start a new thread for V2 ones soon.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

ok so now ive got a 4th(!) enclosure place started on making enclosures...this is becoming a bit of a joke, its like they all somehow know each other and have organised to 'lets just do nothing for this guy, how funny would that be!'. needless to say that having them ready this month is not really possible anymore. need target i guess is end of next month!

firmwares got maybe 1hr worth left to change it over from 40x2 to 20x4 so will be no problems there (prob done by this weekend).

if people want to let me know their preference for blue/green lcd screen (just post in this thread or pm me), because i need to order the right ratio of screens, and the boards need a different resistor depending on colour. doesnt matter if you change your mind about colour later, just need a gauge on what screens people generally prefer. remember you can checkout the blue screen in this avi 4.2mb from a couple of years ago. thats fairly close to what it will look like in general ambient light (worse in direct sunlight, better at night/low light).

all aim to update thread to 'v2' display (ie first post etc) sometime this weekend

yes its still estimated to be $200 (+$10 blue screen, $7 postage within aus)

it can do time trials, not lap times (no idea how the car is supposed to know when you do a lap - maybe if you entered the distances or something, perhaps an idea for future update)

yes it has a 'few' other bits and pieces

battery voltage, economy, injector duty cycle, ignition timing, AAC %, o2 sensor, coolant temp, AFM, TPS

trip meter - showing av speed, current speed, av fuel economy, current fuel economy, distance travelled, fuel used, litres per hour

then theres the fault codes, options to switch between metric/imperial, control of LCD brightness, contrast, and has USB consult interface if you want to hook up your laptop.

and theres probably other stuff, cant remember! see first page of this thread and then http://www.ecutalk.com/consultlcd.aspx for differences from V1 display.

ive added u to the list

ah yeah trip stuff is good this works with powerFC?

what's the difference with time trials to lap times?

with lap times couldn't you make it so you press a button @ the start finish line then press it again when you cross the line again to tell it how long the lap is then speed x distance = time or some equation like that :D i forget most of my physics

wont work with powerfc or other aftermarket computer, only stock ecu (daughterboard ok)

time trials = 0-60km/h, 0-100km/h, 400m, etc.

i edited last post - idea could be to set track distance and it would time each amount of distance.

a mate + stopwatch + odometer = cheaper lap timer :D

though really there are functions that more people would use tht would need to be done before any fancy lap timers, but as the firmware is updatable by user, means its pretty easy for me to release updates to add new features.

ah spewn about no after market computer

does that mean you wont need one, or will i keep you on the list?

Hey Peter,

Please put me on the list for a V2. Im a later comer to this but am very interested. How much longer would it be till the next batch? Still end of next month?

Cheers mate

ive added you. end of next month is still possible (although i havent yet passed the design stage with any enclosure makers yet, this 4th one are moving fairly quickly so im a bit more confident this time, but with all the other delays by the others places i wont be counting any chickens)

Hi, i'm intrested 100% if your still going to make them, put me down for one

thanks

they're practically done, except for the enclosure. ive got about 95 of them sitting in the room, just need cable assembled, screen plugged in, firmware put on the chip, and then stick them in an enclosure. ive added you to list.

I'd like to be added to the list for the ECUTalk Consult LCD display (v2) as well please. With the Blue & White screen :)

done