SAU Community

Massive Skyline Cruise

finn34

I haven’t been on this site for ages - can’t remember my old login so I signed up again!

Anyway, the Massive Skyline Cruise. I went with a friend last year and had a great day.

When is the next one? Oct or Nov? Has the club set a date yet?

Do you have to be a member of the club?

does the club have a calendar 'what's on', kind of thing?

I work most weekends so I’ll need to request the time off well in advance

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MSC is in November usually...

The whole forum and all skylines in general are invited the more the better...

The events details will be posted about 4-5 weeks out from the event and this event will be stickied when its posted...

MSC has never been a club event.

It has previously been organised by Nismogirl and friends.

Erin (Nismogirl) has conveyed she will not be organising this anymore :) .

Yes we will have a massive skyline cruise soon.

But it will not be called MSC.

Who will be organising this one? Happy to help out if I can!

What will it be called this year? Why are we changing what its called?? GSC?? Giant Skylines Cruise?

why do we have to change it? no offence to Erin, but she never had a copyright on it or anything. i'm sure she wouldn't mind it for SAu QLD to carry on the tradition she started. it's obvious from finn34 starting this thread that people know it as the Massive Skyline Cruise and that's what it will always be

it's obvious from finn34 starting this thread that people know it as the Massive Skyline Cruise and that's what it will always be

Dont underestimate your self Shane one man can make a Difference.

If you build it they will come!!!!

Seriously are you Skyline owners gonna actually gonna organise this. And come up with an AWSOME name for it.

why do we have to change it? no offence to Erin, but she never had a copyright on it or anything. i'm sure she wouldn't mind it for SAu QLD to carry on the tradition she started. it's obvious from finn34 starting this thread that people know it as the Massive Skyline Cruise and that's what it will always be

That's great about people remembering it, but Erin has advised the current SAU Executive that she would prefer if we came up with our own name for it.

That's great about people remembering it, but Erin has advised the current SAU Executive that she would prefer if we came up with our own name for it.

Yeah, not in those exact words, but Erin wants us to come up with our own name.

If you disagree I suggest you PM Erin expressing that you'd like "Massive Skyline Cruise" to continue on forever.

She may have a change of heart if she sees that so many people want it to continue ???

Lets just leave it as Massive Skyline Cruise its a good name and we will confuse people if we start changing names.If Erin does have a major problem with us using a name we should discuss it as a whole

wow, I thought I was asking a simple question...

I didn’t realise someone ‘owned’ the cruise. How crazy is that! lol

And here I was thinking it was the ‘Skyline Community’ getting together.

Erin and friends keeping the name… Sounds a bit ‘us and them’

Is Erin still active here? no comment from her yet… strange? or maybe not.

Jake – there is a ‘Nissan Cruise’ run by someone at Brisbane Cruising, we may get into copyright trouble with them :)

Moving on and UP, I hope new cruise grows in strength and is bigger and better than ever.

1 suggestion, when the NEW cruise is posted, please use some reference to the old MSC, this way occasional visitors to the forum will be able to join in the fun.

Good luck with finding a new name – New Massive Skyline Cruise (NMSC)

This topic is a bit like beating your head against a wall...

I personally believe it should still be call "Mass Skyline Cruise". Because this year is number 5 so its a bit of a milestone.

I wish Erin would take an active part in the planning of this event as it was her baby to begin with, but she no longer wants to. So i say hand over the torch to the current events orginiser (MUD)...

Just my personal opinion (not as a moderator or as a club member) just my personal opinion.

I can understand that Erin has put a lot of time and effort in to the past events, and deserves recognition for that, but what i want to know is why, we, as the skyline community should change the name of OUR annual event. She organised it but it was the skylines attending it that gave it recognition. But in the end if she wishes to hold on to it there is not much we can do.

So a rename poll? Massive RB Cruise? perhaps not.