SAU Community

Massive Skyline Cruise

finn34

perhaps we just need events that poeple want to go to.

You are asking for a cruse

week before last there was a cruse...were you there?

You want one then dont turn up

Stop your f**king whining and organise somthing better if you really feel the need

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bryn, you make a lot of inflamatory statements and then don't back them up.

What I am trying to say is, if you don't have the answers then don't ask the questions.

The committee is doing their best and we have been through dozens of wannabes like yourself who want-want-want but don't give a whole lot. Work for the betterment of the club or go elsewhere.

Organise something yourself, watch it fail due to poor planning and then see what it is like!!

ive organised a few, and i dont think they failed... I didnt want an arguement, i just suggested maybe holding more than one big cruise a year. didnt mean to offend anyone.

Bryn, sorry for being a smart ass as I thought you were havin a go at me.

everyone has made valid points including yourself.

We have lots of events and poeple don't turn up.

I reckon your trip up Mt Coot-tha was a big success. The best Thursday night in a long time (12mths)

If you reckon we need more cruises (long ones) PM me with a plan and we'll try and run with it.

cheers M

BACK ON TOPIC

We had a big cruise to bribie a few months ago actually bryn

And no offence to anyone. But if the 'anual' cruise goes like that a lot of people will get very lost. It would be 4-5 times bigger than that. If its going somewhere more exotic than up a highway etc, then its going to need a bit more effort.

As I already said (coming from one of the active non skyline members of both the club and site...) I feel its due for a name change anyway to reflect how the site/club has grown and changed.

But hey. Do what you will.

More annual cruises – something like a summer cruise and winter cruise maybe?

as for the name change, how about we use a poll?

the results could confirm the direction that should be taken, yes?

Yup do the POLE :O

I never knew there would be such a shitfight over the naming of a cruise (then again, i rarely cruise so i would not know what it feels like to be on a cruise that has a name).... :D

Edited by Blitz_R33

I think the success of MSC was because it wasnt just a SAU event but gathered alot of other clubs, remember that a few minorities see the club as elitist and wont attend because of that, whereas Erin succeded in uniting all skyline owners in a great event, we will be hard pressed to do this (I think) but not impossible, and by changing the name, making it that bit harder.

Don’t know Erin but if she did all the hard work for the "original" MSC and now she doesn't want us to use the name, we should respect her wishes. She might want to leave it as a memory of an awesome cruise. Who knows she might like to resurrect it one day.

For now less hot air, more action.

So who's interested in taking the reins of this Pony?

Name of the cruise aside, is there any fundraising for the kiddies again this year?

Don't really care what the cruise is called. It was great last year and was looking forward to it since then.. ;)

Who the f**k gives anyone the right to claim names of events. FFS. Leave it be. If you give up roles and give up membership, that's your choice. Move on and be the adult you claim to be.

I think you'll find your answer below ...

Don’t know Erin but if she did all the hard work for the "original" MSC and now she doesn't want us to use the name, we should respect her wishes. She might want to leave it as a memory of an awesome cruise. Who knows she might like to resurrect it one day.

So glad I didn't end up buying a Skyline if this is the 'Skyline Community' attitude towards things.

I think you'll find your answer below ...

So glad I didn't end up buying a Skyline if this is the 'Skyline Community' attitude towards things.

OMG what in intelligent answer. Thanks. It must have taken you ages to come up with QUOTING someone elses' post. ;)

The committee is contacting some of the Radio stations to see if we can affiliate with a charity on air and gain some support through that.

That's right Dave. I have spoken with Nova, and they offered us a choice of 3 charities to go with. We are currently in discussions about putting forward a proposal to them, as they are happy to give the SAU Charity Cruise (whatever name it may be) a boost, as long as we can show them we are committed to the cause ;)

All hail the SACQACRMSDC (Skylines Australia Club of Qld Annual Cruise to Raise Money for Sick or Disadvantages Chillens)!

OMG what in intelligent answer. Thanks. It must have taken you ages to come up with QUOTING someone elses' post. ;)

I'm sorry I didn't realise I wasn't allowed to quote a post on a forum ;) Thanks for the heads up, I won't make that mistake on SAU again :O

This thread has been going in circles for 4 pages I was trying to make it plain and simple ... again my bad I didn't realise SAU wasn't like other forums.

I hope those that have bagged Erin in this thread are just as happy to do it to her face. For people claiming to be adults themselves you're doing a piss poor job.

More annual cruises – something like a summer cruise and winter cruise maybe?

the results could confirm the direction that should be taken, yes?

yes it should be MSC ...massive stagea cruise

skylines welcome ;)