SAU Community

Factory Immobilisers - S3 R33 Gtr

GT-R32

Hi Matt. The S2 R33 does after one of the guys here found out the hard way when he was messing around behind the dash and locked out his car.

PS Time to request a change of username ;) Which colour dude? Must be a nice step up

Cheers for the reply Mark. ;) I guess they do then, I assumed they would have something but you never know!

Car is very nice. Been looking for a R32 for a while and decided to fork out the extra dough for an R33 after looking at too many unloved '32s. I wanted a V-Spec in particular and got a S3! Car is the silver, I think it is called Sonic? (According to another S3 being sold here). I'll post pics up when I get an opportunity to take some on the weekend.

No they don't but have a look at your key, does it have a chip in it?

No doupt someone would have fitted on e here though. Do you have remote locking ?

Im with wrxhoon in this one. In the r33 wiring diagrams I have seen - I haven't came across a immobiliser (but thats not to say yours didnt come with one)

With alarms and immobilisers pay someone who knows what they are doing - im an auto elec and the amount of shit alarm setups that take no longer then 5 mins to have a car running is unbelievable. Having all the wiring under the drivers side dash means a theif doesn't have to go looking.

And also, the amount of cheap immobiliser systems that fail is reassurance to do your homework and get a good one. Anyone who recommends your cheap strathfield or night vision varieties obviously hasn't had much to do with alarms.

Cheers

Sumo

I have one in my car and i wouldn't drive a performance car without one . I monitor my own so as soon as someone opens the door i get a call from the unit in car .

It will say i have detected an intruder in your car , it will give me the location of the car and if the car is moving, the speed and the direction its heading. It will give me the option of shuting the engine down all i have to do i press a button on my phone, any phone for that matter.

If someone desides to carjack me i can give them the car and as soon as they go turn the engine off.

It will even call me if the car is put on a tow truck, not forced open or started and it has a back up battery if some smart ass desides to cut the main battery .

Too expensive you say, well not much more than some people pay for a decent alarm , about $1250 fitted and the only running cost is the cost of a simcard, i pay $9 per month.

Certainly sounds the goods.

But for me personally the cost is prohibitive. Even simply the $1250 installation is too much to spend on that right now as I have other things I want to do with my cash.