SAU Community

I'm Ticked Off...what Gets You Wound Up?

Righto:it takes a fair bit to wind me up these days(I must be getting old and senile or something),but,after tonight's little episode,IT'S ON!

I'll give you the setting: 6.30 p.m.(so it's defiantely dark)at some lights in Belconnen. Waiting for the green,a riced-out 3 series BMW pulls up. Lights go green,and I roll away in the long-suffering Liberty. I hear the drainpipe drone of an excessively sized BM' go 1st/2nd/3rd,and I've just seen 40km/hr on the speedo...OK,so Rice boy likes the cabin noise;fair 'nuff. I was once young,and had hearing,too. As he inches ahead(barely),he pulls into my lane,a little close to the nose of the car,but it's under control...

Approaching the next set of lights,and about the time I notice the imitation Altezza left tailight is only partially working,he jabs the brakes as he approaches a clear,green lighted intersection. Cautious? Him,maybe. Me? I'm getting worried. As he wobbles into the 'Form One Lane' section,he slows to 60...in an 80 zone. Preceding to hold everyone up as he bobbles up the one lane road,I wonder who is driving this car. Getting to the last roundabout,he gets all 2 Fast,2 Furious,jamming through the roundabout at a whopping 70 km/hr,showing all his deft touch behind the steering wheel,as the car jerked hard left/right through something so flowing a Lotus Exige would barely need to shift it's line.

OK,so now the too-low,chrome-wheeled,crap-sounding-exhausted,ricer-graphic'd BMW is plowing along,I finally have a chance near Glenloch Interchange to safely pull level with this son of rajab of The Streets. And,believe this,Mr. Word-Up-G-Unit,resplendant in his beanie,is reclined(nearly in the backseat,actually),with dark sunglasses on.At night. With tinted windows.

You. F**king. Tool.

On top of this,he wobbles through the traffic,blaring along up to five cars in front at one point but still loud enough to hear,windows up,and even goes for the signature Bathurst overtaking manouvre one lane directly across from a marked Police car. Maybe they were both deaf & blind to each other,I'll never know.

Now,I've got numbnuts' rego' plate. What should I do? Post it up,and hope someone alerts said idiot to his failings? Pray the appropriate authorites are watching the forums,hunt this moron down and give him a slap on the wrist? Quietly fume,and hope natural selection catches this twit up?

Or do I ask people to contribute to this thread and post up their discoveries on Canberra's roads? Does anyone know of the legal ramifications of posting up a " I spotted this jerk,rego' #..."? Seriously?

Ah,I'll just get on with...posting this up on many forums,and see what happens!

Go on;indulge me. You know you want to!! LOL!!!

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What you do is look around for an expensive car, such as a calias/fairlane/merc/porshe etc, now the trick is to find one with a dent in it. Now being a good citizen [but one who really doesn't want to get involved] you take pen to paper and say you witnessed the whole thing and managed to get the rego number of the offending vehicle. You leave this message under the wiper blade of the expensive car and leave.

PS You may have to do this several times to achieve a result, actually the more expensive cars with dents in them that you can find the better. However - it is uncool to photocopy the note - each one should be hand written for authenticity. But there is nothing saying you can't have a glovebox full of them to use as opportunities arise [shame to waste these opportunities].

PPS this method also works with phone numbers, you just say that you didn't get the rego number but managed to see a phone number on the back window of the car.

Hows that Jayce???

I don't think there are any legal ramifications for you.... or for captain hektik, if you posted up his numberplates. All you can do is say to yourself that what goes around comes around.

As I'm sure you know Jayce, people that drive around like they own the road (usually, not always) get what's coming to them. If this guy doesn't get it, you can at least rest in the knowledge that he's the knob jockey, and you're not. Simple as that I reckon. Your description of him says it all - virtually trying to drive blind and lying down, and pulling a stupid move in front of a police car.

Anyway, what gets me?

People that justify the stereotypes, like the Commodore bogan with the rusty stock VN with the unpainted VX Clubsport bodykit which doesn't even come close to suiting the body shape of the car that thinks he's Mark f**ken Skaife, or the Volvo/Jaguar/4WD driver that leaves a trail of carnage behind them wherever they travel.

What most shits me personally though is quite simply people that think they're shit hot.

Ha ha ... nice rant and rave ... times like this i wish it was law of the jungle type system.... i would of raged him and ripped his beanie down near his beally button so he looked like a fooked up circumcision....

Thanks for the solutions,crew-some excellent ones in there(cheers Dan'!).

Jeez,it's 6.30 the next morn' and I'm still amazed at this idiot...Whilst I'd love to find out who he is and have a word in his ear,I think I'll let Mother Nature and her natural selection technique take him on!

you sure did fire up! Well I would too i mean sometimes im in hurry or just feel like putting the foot down a little, but farr out scares me when people cut me off and it SH!TS me when theyre all F&F around roundabouts, then drive ultra slow.....same happened with me at the exact same point where it goes 'form one lane' - 60km in the right lane! If you wanna be an idiot and be "Mr. Word-Up-G-Unit,resplendant in his beanie,is reclined(nearly in the backseat,actually),with dark sunglasses on.At night. With tinted windows." then go ahead I dont give a sh!t how kool you are just dont hold the traffic up then drive all dangerous when you should slow down! I mean if its 80km ill undersand if a person drives say 70-80 ok but any slower than that and in the right lane.....watch me fire up!

And dont worry people like that usually learn the hard way, I just hope its not with one of our cars!

tools are everywhere unfortunatly not a lot you can do about it except vent every now and then :( as others mentioned i am sure these people will get some sort of payback... what goes around comes around.

Yea my highlight is still going along past the woden hospital doing the speed limit (80km) and a early model commonwhore comes up next to me with like 4 guys in the car and the passanger starts doing the hand signal for doing a burnout ??? i am like wtf A: i am doing 80km's and couldnt bag it up if i wanted too. B: i don't need to try and impress a car with 4 guys in it... C: you drive a commodore...

Pretty sure I know the car you are talking about. I have encountered it many a times before on the parkway driving like a tosser... usually involves being in the left hand land yet two of his wheels are over the middle line... makes it next to impossible to overtake him unless you are game to squeeze between him and the concrete wall.

Will talk to some friends who know him and make sure he is aware of how crapola his driving is.

But im going to sum it up, I really dislike people driving around mid to late 90's 318i's thinking they are the hottest shit on the planet. Hello? You are driving the base model that was built to enable the masses access to a "luxury" car. While your car might have the same badge on it of the company that does make some nice cars, yours is not one of them. Its the VN executive of the commodore world, theres nothing luxury about it and it doesnt make you look like you have lots of money.

hey Jayce iam pretty shour that if you go into dickson with the rego nomber they can give you his address for about 70 or so. a mate off mine did it about 3 years ago and they gave him his address.

But im going to sum it up, I really dislike people driving around mid to late 90's 318i's thinking they are the hottest shit on the planet. Hello? You are driving the base model that was built to enable the masses access to a "luxury" car. While your car might have the same badge on it of the company that does make some nice cars, yours is not one of them. Its the VN executive of the commodore world, theres nothing luxury about it and it doesnt make you look like you have lots of money.

couldnt have put it better myself!

Yea my highlight is still going along past the woden hospital doing the speed limit (80km) and a early model commonwhore comes up next to me with like 4 guys in the car and the passanger starts doing the hand signal for doing a burnout ??? i am like wtf A: i am doing 80km's and couldnt bag it up if i wanted too. B: i don't need to try and impress a car with 4 guys in it... C: you drive a commodore...

Must be something about commodore drivers cos i've had exactly the same thing happen to me, in nearly exactly the same spot!

I know the car, Know where its parked all the time in civic. Have seen it driving, I know what your talking about.

Karma my friend...

Karma...

He'll end up driving off a bridge with his sunnies on and have the police comment on the news about the reason for the accident... or something of similar comedic value.

Ah,lads:you warm my cold,jaded heart! I'm cooling to the rage I felt not 24 hours ago,however I may be tempted to seek justice. I mean,really:sunglasses at night in a tinted car doing 60 in an 80 zone whilst weaving?!? Natural selection:kill the stupid.

coming home near erindale and some full sick wanker in his silver wingless 34gtt thought hed go 120 and jump in the right lane whilest being about half a meter away from the van infront of him and within an inch of the front L/H corner of the car, mate lucky we werent accelerating otherwise youd have turned out worse. next time slow down in peak hour traffic, your not proving anything to anyone.

i dont care what anyone says, some people need to learn lessons the hardway.

Edited by SKYLVIA