SAU Community

I'm Ticked Off...what Gets You Wound Up?

I say get rid of the car and get a POS for the next 3 or 4 years. Then when the house is the way you want if you have enough money get another one. You spend more time in the house than in the car.

When we buy a house i will be considering getting rid of the skyline.

i know I do as well, I worked out I have enough money to make my garage and out the car on stands for another 12 months, but then I ll have no kitchen or bath room or deck / landscaping. Guess I could always borrow more money lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a shit day... I wrote up my resume, cover letter and all that other stuff yesterday and decided to wait till this morning to submit it so i could re-read it. Wake up and the computer screen is dead, so i dig around and find the old screen, plug it in and turn on the computer again only now it doesnt turn on it just beeps and clicks... Awesome. I listen to where the beeping is coming from and all i can smell is burning plastic/bug so i start puling things apart and see the power supply has melted in one part. So now i have to start the resume again...

Then it started raining at about 7pm and i find out i left my car window down, would of been fine if it was just a small shower. Was more like a tornado... Can't wait till the morning to see how many trees got flattened, could hear them falling everywhere from the house. Anyway my windows were open when this was happening and i didnt find out till about 30 mins ago, had a look inside and its soaked, whole drivers door (fabric, window switches) is drenched, steering wheel, seat, floor and console.

Edited by Baconer

H'mm that sux, I managed to run over a branch fallen on the road, in the downpour, managed to get stuck in the underbody and make a damn awful sound as well. Don't think anythings damaged but will need to check tomorrow.

I say get rid of the car and get a POS for the next 3 or 4 years. Then when the house is the way you want if you have enough money get another one. You spend more time in the house than in the car.

When we buy a house i will be considering getting rid of the skyline.

The other thing you guys have that I dont is the two incomes which is making things a little difficult, maybe if I stop drinking mmmmm

I would probably just go insane!!!!

that is true dual incomes rock :D i worked out with the price range of the houses we are looking at basically my entire income would be gone just on the repayments :cheers: so i struggle to see how a single person can buy a house unless they have a massive salary... hmmm maybe i need to get another chickie :dry: that would be 3 incomes in one house hehe

its getting a bit ridiculous really when you cant buy a house without two incomes, theres no way i can while my mrs is still at uni.

Just a quick saddening fact, the average first home buyers house now is over $400k nationwide :cheers:

that is true dual incomes rock :D i worked out with the price range of the houses we are looking at basically my entire income would be gone just on the repayments :P so i struggle to see how a single person can buy a house unless they have a massive salary... hmmm maybe i need to get another chickie :) that would be 3 incomes in one house hehe

lol Leigh then you would have twice the amount of trouble :P

Having just gone thru the whole house buying thing i can honestly say the whole process is designed to screw you. At least in my case no one was there to help - just to make money...the mortgage dude, the solicitor and last but not least the government. 'Here's 7k to help you buy a house, oh BTW, we need 15k stamp duty to settle...' tossers.

thats what gets me wound up anyway.

Edited by Ceelsishere

remember that at the moment it's in the govt's interest in every way to keep house prices high. the act is facing a water and infrastructure shortage - even these shortfalls are partly funded by higher stamp duties, but right now the territory cannot afford to have more residents.

also the act has this idiotic scheme where the govt compensates actew for lost revenue thanks to reduced water usage arising from stage 3+ water restrictions. :(:cheers: :cheers:

Edited by sigsputnik

remember that at the moment it's in the govt's interest in every way to keep house prices high. the act is facing a water and infrastructure shortage - even these shortfalls are partly funded by higher stamp duties, but right now the territory cannot afford to have more residents.

also the act has this idiotic scheme where the govt compensates actew for lost revenue thanks to reduced water usage arising from stage 3+ water restrictions. :woot::D:)

It makes me laugh- all this whilst they build hundreds(thousands?)of extra houses...Maybe Veilside can offer up a real estate person's view on all of this...

I went out on a date with a chick.. tipenyake.. it was awesome.. we bonded and laughed til she got egg on her face - literally. a great night a great girl.. we left the car park in civic and i scraped my wheel on the kurb. DAMMIT! IT WAS SUCH A GOOD NIGHT!

Anal raped by the system yet again... I paid my rego in april and had not received my sticker yet so i went to the shopfront to see what was going on, apprantly I had 2 parking fines which i had never heard about (one from july 06 and one from january 07...) So i paid them (plus the additional admin fee of $70 for them being paid late...) and asked for my sticker, no dice, i have to drive to dickson where its being held. So i get to dickson and ask for my sticker but i need some proof of residence, apparantly my licence with photo and address was not enough proof so now i have to drive back home without a sticker, cant wait till i get pulled over. Driving home on the barton highway i get stuck behind some crazy cow who speeds in overtaking lanes and drives 20km under the rest of the time while swerving now and then, i get pissed off and overtake her in the next overtaking lane, I have to pull 120 to pass her and who should be waiting at the other end, mr police man. Im going to be pissed if it counts as double demerits, if anyone remembers the same basic thing happened last double demerits (i got done for speeding while being overtaken a couple hours into double demerits... who cares if i was being passed by a ute with a fridge secured with 1 rope over the top in his tray, the p-plater in a sports car was speeding, he must be punished)

Edited by Baconer

i f*cking hate it when you emerge from a shopping centre to find that someone has reversed into you!!! :D hit me smack in the middle of the front bar. didn't do much damage and it already needs repairing, but really, thats just sh1ts me.... :)