SAU Community

I'm Ticked Off...what Gets You Wound Up?

You know, I was waiting for you to kick in with your thoughts, LOL! A voice of experience when it comes to turbos, yes?!?

Yeah, well I have popped a couple of turbos in my time...

Had to do a lot of research into which turbo I should get next (so that I dont pop another one) :P

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So when do we get to see the white pearl beast again??

I'm off to check the Lotto ticket again today, LOL!

There will be very gradual forward progress over the next 6 months, then hopefully a flurry of activity that might, MIGHT see her surface somewhere at the end of '09. Unless the ticket comes in, in which case it'll be six weeks!! Believe me, and I know you're feelin' my pain, when I say it breaks my heart to see her sitting still. I keep telling myself "It WILL be worth the wait, it WILL be worth the wait, it WILL be worth the wait..."

Hmmm, back on the topic of inlet pressure, wouldn't it be somewhat beneficial to have a little bit of air left behind just at the front of the throttle body so as to increase response for the next time you step on the gas?

Or does it dissipate so quickly that it's better to vent and then just get freshly compressed (and hopefully cool!) from outside again?

well i think mine is minor compared to yours, the plug leading to the ECU just needed rewiring.. then a tune etc.. should be tomorrow but there are no garantees

I'll swap you situations, LOL! Still when 'little mischief' comes back to life, it will be a happy day!!

Hmmm, back on the topic of inlet pressure, wouldn't it be somewhat beneficial to have a little bit of air left behind just at the front of the throttle body so as to increase response for the next time you step on the gas?

Or does it dissipate so quickly that it's better to vent and then just get freshly compressed (and hopefully cool!) from outside again?

Good question.

There is always a certain amount of pressure in the inlet whenever the engine is running, as the turbo never actually comes to a complete stop, BOV's have a spring (which is usually manually adjustable in aftermarket items) which will only let a certain amount of pressure out of the inlet and keep a certain amount in.

If there was 0 pressure or a vaccum in the inlet, the next time you stepped on the throttle the engine would almost always stall.

Ok back on topic, what ticks me off is F_cking kids on school holidays with nothing better to do that run around egging houses!!! :blush:

Last night I spent half an hour washing 3 eggs off the back of my house and when I went looking for the little sh_ts I managed to catch them in the act but one had his 'P's and they took off in a POS Ford Laser before I could bash their skulls in!!

I called the cops and lodged a report and all they said was "we'll keep an eye out for the car, call us back if it happens again"... I used to like living in my suburb but now its full of little 16 - 17 year old f_ckwits!! :bunny:

what ticks me off is trying to sorce parts for my skyline and no one seems to have the items i need to clear my defect not even aftermarket ones

also motor bikes who ride down the middle of trafic that is moving at pace why cant they wait like everyone else