SAU Community

Factory Wiring.... R33

bygrave316

Need some help finding some info on the wiring for factory r33 setup....

but mine has the optional amp and stacker.

Im looking to upgrade the amp and headunit and remove the stacker as it has died (for the second time.)

hoping to find a wiring diagram from the amp and maybe the stack so that i might be able to use some of the factory wiring to install the new equipment.... ie use acc. ON power speakers running from the amp ect.

i have been able to find a fair bit about the factory head units wiring...

but nothing on the optional setup...

Any iteas ect would be great.....

Need some help finding some info on the wiring for factory r33 setup....

but mine has the optional amp and stacker.

Im looking to upgrade the amp and headunit and remove the stacker as it has died (for the second time.)

hoping to find a wiring diagram from the amp and maybe the stack so that i might be able to use some of the factory wiring to install the new equipment.... ie use acc. ON power speakers running from the amp ect.

i have been able to find a fair bit about the factory head units wiring...

but nothing on the optional setup...

Any iteas ect would be great.....

do you have the TV? (I take it this is also a sedan and not a coupe.)

Well, for the amp and speaker wiring.. if you want to reuse the factory cables, it might be quicker to hook up a multimeter?

You should be able to find positive, negative, and then the remote wire when the ignition is on. Really though, you should run new power cables for your new amp, and maybe just use the remote wire. You'd probably have to adapt the input wires to RCA's for your new amp. Not sure how easy it would be to do that.

From there, you just need the speaker wiring. I think you could use the continuity mode of a multimeter to find each speaker. When you positive to one, and negative to the other (power off) the meter should beep. i.e find a wire with a stripe on it (negative) probe it with the negative meter lead and then probe the other wires until it beeps. Then you have one speaker's positive and negative narrowed down. After you have all four, hook them up one at a time to your new amp and find out which is right, left front etc.

As it's a good idea to run new power for the new amp, it's probably not a bad idea just to wire the rear speakers directly off the new amp... since they're just in the parcel shelf. The fronts, sure.. it's thin wire, but it's quicker and easier than running new cables through the cabin.(likewise with the remote wire)

ok that one isnt that bad. the speakers are found on the amp (all 4.) you should be able to ID these with a meter. the best approack would be a small 4ch amplifier in place of the original and run RCA cables to it.

Fair call, Chris. I didn't know this!

Do you know if he can reuse the input wiring off the amp? Is there anything that could be re-crimped onto RCA plugs?

If not, then you can only really reuse the front speaker wiring, and the remote wire. No point using the rear speaker wiring, because the speaker terminals are just above the amp.

If you have to run new RCA cables, yer might as well run a speaker wire for the remote signal at the same time. I ran that, and the front speaker wire to the front.

Fair call, Chris. I didn't know this!

Do you know if he can reuse the input wiring off the amp? Is there anything that could be re-crimped onto RCA plugs?

If not, then you can only really reuse the front speaker wiring, and the remote wire. No point using the rear speaker wiring, because the speaker terminals are just above the amp.

If you have to run new RCA cables, yer might as well run a speaker wire for the remote signal at the same time. I ran that, and the front speaker wire to the front.

the last one I did had a TV in it. same setup. everything was in the rear of the car. I pulled the lot out and ran RCA cables to the rear, added an amp and was done with it.

up to you for what you rerun. cabliing was there and it was a low buck job so I reused it.