SAU Community

Think I Broke My Engine

hey guys

i think something has gone terribly wrong with my motor. (rb25det in r33gtst)

On the plenum, there is a little dent on one of the cyliners (directly under the throttle cable), looks as if someone took a hammer and put a nice smooth dent in it. The pic shows what i mean...

Now as i was driving home today, when coming onto boost it felt as if the engine stopped for a second as it stopped accelerating (i have a feeling something broke in that second) and then kept on going as if nothing happened.

Have a possiby broken a piston or something? The engine isn't blowing any smoke out of the exhaust either...

What do you guys think has happened here? I will try and post up a pic of the plenum asap

Cheers

post-9105-1156584636.jpg

Edited by Fly_With_Sky

well someone with an rb25 can confirm but I agree with Booster it looks factory to clear the cable to me, way too regular.

EItherway, what you described sounds like a very common missfire coming onto boost, try a search for missfire and have a look in the FAQ section.

I dont think its for cable clearance reasons as there is another small dint next to it plus its quite a weird shape.

Maybe your just being paranoid and looking for a reason or fault that you would not have noticed before but do now because your lookin for it?

The depressions (the covers not yours) are cast in to clear the current cable and possibly to get you to put a pic up were we can ask you to spray some wd 40 on the throtle springs and assy to lubricate it and stop further corrosion. :rolleyes:

1st is for throttle cable clearance and the second is for the optional cruise control cable.

Completely unrelated to a misfire issue and all came from factory that way with the 2 indentations in the plenum.