SAU Community

Syd-Newc Freeway Q

blind_elk

One more thing arose out of my trip north of the border - WHO'S BRILLIANT IDEA WAS IT TO MAKE THE SECTION OF FREEWAY BETWEEN BROOKLYN AND MT WHITE A 90 ZONE? and WHY? You can scream down the other side (from Syd to Brooklyn) at 110, but you can't do it from Mt White? What kind of twits do you guys have setting speed limits up there? (probably related to the twits in Vic who put double white lines on a straight piece of road, and then switch to a single broken line as you approach, and drive around, a blind curve)

there is no camera there. the only camera on the freeway is @ Ourimbah as you come down the hill. It is very well marked and you can see it any time of day on ur left. I believe it also gets traffic coming up the hill on the other side as it's infrared.

Just remember if u speed through @ night and there is no flash, you will still get done

You reckon that's FUBAR? I'll tell you what's FUBAR! The old set of traffic lights on the M5 at Moorbank! 110 to 80 then to a red light. There were so many accidents cause traffic would build up to the 110km/h section and people flying would have to jam on the brakes from 110 to 0 when they realise there is a traffic jam.

Finally someone grew a brain and removed them.

it 90 cause of the speed different between truck and cars there

and alot of up the bum no babies crashes

also why does everyone sit in the middle lane there? (left lane is always the quickest up the hill)

dont the rules say keep left unless overtaking

"not in the ***n middle"

pete

im going up tomorrow so ill check the shiet out...

but as far as i have seen tosh is right.... only the one at ourimbah which is clearly marked and easily seen... (on left if going towards newy)

other than that the other cams are just traffic cams...

though soetimes in that 90 zone they have coppers hidden in the twisty bits with big stone faces.... me and franks almost got caught but thankgod the car in front was doing the limit or KABOOOOOOm boost would have gotten us in trouble...

I've travel the F3 from the Coast to Sydney every day and the only camera is heading North Bound near Ourimbah.

There is no camera in the 90K zone from Mt White to Hawkesbury only the RTA Monitoring cameras.

The reason it's a 90 Zone, is that of the entire freeway, that particular section goes from 2 lanes to 3 lanes so many times that there was always cars trying to outrun trucks before they merged and there was always accidents. While there are no FIXED cameras in the 90 Zone, there is pretty much always a mobile unit.

Oh, and the sign that says, "Keep Left unless overtaking", that IS law, you can get booked for not keeping left, as I found out on the M4 on Boxing day 2 years ago heading up to the Blue Mountains. on the fine under the offence it said "Disobeying the Keep left unless overtaking sign" $180 and 2 points later.

ouch dude :D that sux.

There's only 1 way to fix that problem......

do what Mr Nagata from Top Secret did and jump in ur 800+hp GTR and do top speed runs whereever u go :D no one will catch you. :) hehehehehe

• 4 weeks later...

The length 90km/h zone on the F3 is classed as a "Black Spot". I know its hard to believe that that section is a black spot but having attened some of the prangs there its justified.

The speed camera at Ourimbah can only get nth bound traffic, same as all speed cameras due to privacy laws they cant take a pic of the front of the vehicle, but, they are trying to change it!

privacy laws???, i thought it was cause the flash can blind ya for a few seconds if photos r taken from the front.....anyway as soon as technology is there they'll be doin it, oh and i still say theres a camera in the 90 zone, going to auto salon this w/e and will check it out.

out dudes

lenno