SAU Community

Anyone Using Optimax Extreme?

SS8_Gohan

so yeah, who's on the juice of the 100 RON variety?

Can't say i even know where my closest Optimax Extreme servo is... but was wondering if there are any/many people using Optimax Extreme?

Heard some really good reports from SK, he's had it running in a 33 GTST for 8 months, seems to be good stuff...

anyone which servo's have it on the s.e. side? bayside way? Telstra has "shaped" my cable, so it's painful to search for stuff....

If u go to the Shell Website, it will has a current list where to go Extreme.

There is also a list which cars can / cannot use it.

Not sure for u guys, but some subies cannot use this fuel.

Cheers

Andrew :P

Appears as though it's just Optimax with 5% ethanol....so WTF is it 6c/L more??? Ethanol is cheaper than fuel.

GTR already has 260rwkw on the stock computer with Optimax so no point changing.

whilst it will help take out some detonation if you have any its pretty much pointless on a stock ecu. aftermarket ecu owners can tune with it and get some more zest but the stock ecu will achieve zero. even doing the infamous ecu reset will probably yield jack all.

been told by a reputable mechanic it is v-good. my car is tuned o 98ron and i use optimax100 . a big horsepower car could get a possible 10-15kw more if tuned on this fule so i bee told. i find it more responsive on the pedal + i get an extra 60km's out of a tank. almost 500k's for a daily driver is not bad :laugh:

extra fuel consumption from using higher octane fuel is not possible.

i see no reason you would gain an extra 60kms from a tank of higher rated fuel. if anything it would be slightly less. i dont believe it for a second im sorry.

I did some tests in both my cars on the extreeme and ultimate. Correct me if I'm wrong by most jap imports ecus are designed for 100RON but can adjust enough for comprensate as required.

anyway regardless of if thats true or not, I ran 5 tanks on the xtreeme and 5 on the ultimate, ultimate ran better and I got the same kms, if not slightly more but hard to really tell. So I decided just to buy ultimate cos its just downt he road.

Saying you get over 500kms its not really relevant unless u stipulate what type of driving your doing. I drive to my holiday houe and get over 600km and in CBD driving and peak hour I might get only 420...

the stock ecu has code to back off timing when it picks up detonation. it wont just magically advance the timing and make more power. an ecu reset clears the map and tries 2deg advanced and watches for detonation. thats about all the "compensation" it does.

it has no idea what fuel you are using. it only knows when you have shit fuel in it, that detonates and is seen via the knock sensors, only then does it act, and thats back off timing to protect itself

the stock ecu has code to back off timing when it picks up detonation. it wont just magically advance the timing and make more power. an ecu reset clears the map and tries 2deg advanced and watches for detonation. thats about all the "compensation" it does.

it has no idea what fuel you are using. it only knows when you have shit fuel in it, that detonates and is seen via the knock sensors, only then does it act, and thats back off timing to protect itself

there u go...thanks!

Appears as though it's just Optimax with 5% ethanol....so WTF is it 6c/L more??? Ethanol is cheaper than fuel.

GTR already has 260rwkw on the stock computer with Optimax so no point changing.

Agreed the Gov gave the ok to use Ethanol, to help reduce the price of fuel and yet this is more expensive. What Crap!

As most of you guys, if ur running stock ECU u will not notice much of a difference. If you just buy an aftermarket ECU and tune to this fuel, ur not acheiving much. Unless ur going to be doing some other big mods.

Personally l have turned off the shell optimax, l have found most of the time the alternatives from Caltex and BP have been cheaper.

Cheers

Andrew :/

thats correct :rofl:

as a mechanic,using ethanol in a fuel system not designed for it, start to eat at the special coating in the tank, fuel hoses and steel lines.it also damages injectors after a period of time