SAU Community

Anyone Using Optimax Extreme?

SS8_Gohan

extra fuel consumption from using higher octane fuel is not possible.

i see no reason you would gain an extra 60kms from a tank of higher rated fuel. if anything it would be slightly less. i dont believe it for a second im sorry.

umm paul i can gain heaps better economy on higher octane fuel... did that test yrs ago on trips to/from melb..... on a 4cyl it would use 3/4 of a tank there n when we used premuim it would only use half...

as a mechanic,using ethanol in a fuel system not designed for it, start to eat at the special coating in the tank, fuel hoses and steel lines.it also damages injectors after a period of time

yeah but isnt a mixture based at under 10% fine so long as it isnt used over a long period of years?

on the 34 gtt i have i used shell, bp and mobil.

shell used to ping and was giving me abt 365 a tank ( 50 litres)

bp was giving me abt the same ( but i only tried one tank )

mobil gives me around 400-410 and no ping.

shell is SHIT IMO

sidd--

hehe. pwned.

even though everyone says all the fuel comes from the same place you do realise each company puts different addititives to the fuel, which in turn will lead to different results when used in your car

yeah normal octane vs premium i agree on

but people are claiming upto 60k's difference on bp premium vs shell optimax and other preomium fuels. that i dont believe

i didnt say that ????

and mcdee didnt say anything bout other brands... just optimax v's extreme

correct.

not saying every tank i get that but my car is a daily driver around town and i seem to get more out of a tank of extreme