SAU Community

Post Theft Damage Report

Medium Dave

Hey guys,

My car was stolen last week, as you may have seen in the post 'My car was stolen last night' and recovered the next day because fortunatley the jerk cant drive, he crashed and only took off with my head unit, sub and amp. The insurance wont pay up, so im left to pick up the bill. The body damage I can fix, I will need a new tyre, but I have finally plucked up enough to go have a look under my car, and the damage isn't as bad as I first thought, but they still have busted the castor rod and bent the lower suspension link - see pic - and while it sounds like a good time to upgrade... my wallet says no. So if you have one of these lying about taking up space that would fit a 32 gts4 and dont mind parting with it for a modest sum, I would really appreciate it if you could drop me a pm

damage.jpg

I suppose there is never a good time to have this happen, but the timing could not have been worse... I would really just like to have my car running again. Thanks guys, I hope to be seeing you all out and about again soon :laugh:

Dave

Some kids tried to steal the wing and damaged the boot before I bought it, the insurance said thats ok, then after a while I started using it for work, and they said they wont insure it with the damage because they dont want to pay if an uninsured person hits my car, so I was half way through fixing it when it got stolen...

Oh, and no it didnt have an alarm, I was saving up for one... its not been a good year

Hey guys,

My car was stolen last week, as you may have seen in the post 'My car was stolen last night' and recovered the next day because fortunatley the jerk cant drive, he crashed and only took off with my head unit, sub and amp. The insurance wont pay up, so im left to pick up the bill. The body damage I can fix, I will need a new tyre, but I have finally plucked up enough to go have a look under my car, and the damage isn't as bad as I first thought, but they still have busted the castor rod and bent the lower suspension link - see pic - and while it sounds like a good time to upgrade... my wallet says no. So if you have one of these lying about taking up space that would fit a 32 gts4 and dont mind parting with it for a modest sum, I would really appreciate it if you could drop me a pm

damage.jpg

I suppose there is never a good time to have this happen, but the timing could not have been worse... I would really just like to have my car running again. Thanks guys, I hope to be seeing you all out and about again soon :happy:

Dave

Hey

Lucky it was only minor damage and not more serious Dave (not that it would of happened at all if the low life oxygen thiefs had not of taken it) but i suppose you have to look at the bigger picture!!!

PM R34 T88 Widebody im sure he would have the bit kicking around down here somewhere for you ;)

When it comes to an alarm i wouldn't skip and get a cheap one cause its cheap. There so appealing cause they are cheap but doesn't take much to get around.

I put in a cheapy Ebay alarm fora guy in his 32 a while ago and it stated that it was 2point imobilisation (it was effectively only one) as they werent a seperate signal) it didn't have battery back up, BGA or cut the fuel pump!!!

If you need a hand with an alarm or anything else give me a yell :rofl:

Thanks GMB,

I have sent R34 a pm so with any luck he may be able to help me out. I have had a few things go pear shaped this year, and it was just one thing too much for me to deal with, but I have gotten a bit of a grip again, and at the moment I am waiting back on wether I got in to be a camp companion for camp quality - I had the interview yesterday, I have been less nervous for job interviews :ermm: anyhow, wish me luck.

Thanks for your advice on alarms, I have done a few before, and I hate them - mostly because I go overboard and run the wiring with the cars wiring looms, yes I know im an idiot - I have volunteered to do one for a mate tonight :(

Edit: I have been invited to the training camp for CQ :O

Edited by Medium Dave

Thanks GMB,

I have sent R34 a pm so with any luck he may be able to help me out. I have had a few things go pear shaped this year, and it was just one thing too much for me to deal with, but I have gotten a bit of a grip again, and at the moment I am waiting back on wether I got in to be a camp companion for camp quality - I had the interview yesterday, I have been less nervous for job interviews :unsure: anyhow, wish me luck.

Thanks for your advice on alarms, I have done a few before, and I hate them - mostly because I go overboard and run the wiring with the cars wiring looms, yes I know im an idiot - I have volunteered to do one for a mate tonight :(

Edit: I have been invited to the training camp for CQ :woot:

Thats great dude im sure you will great at it.

I looked into it a while back myself but never went through to the interview stage!!!

Let me know how it goes :rofl: