SAU Community

GTR Stolen, Melbourne

GTSpec

if you could afford to buy the car then spend 20 g on the engine but not a few hundred for a alarm or the few grand for insurence then too bad so sad its gone get over it

exactly :(

insurance is the best modification of all.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if the pager only works for 20 paces i wouldn't see the point of having it. I've got a moderate one and it has a 3km radius.

Are you able to run 3k's in less time than it takes to steal a car?

^ This is the point i was attempting to make.

A pager is only any good if you're pretty much standing right next to the car, otherwise it will already be gone by the time you get to it.

i had my gts-t stolen from out the front of my girlfriends house, posh kinda area, got stolen on the sundaynight/monday morning, was booked in for that saturday to get an alarm fitted, got woken up at 4am by the cops on my mobile telling me they was just ina 200kmper hr chase dwn the wroung way of the m4 motorway, the thiefs then did a hand brake turn and played chiken with the police at 150kmperhr, i did get the car back damaged of course but atleast i got it back, i wish the same good fortune for urself.

Hey mate,

Sorry about the car! I'll keep a lookout!

In terms of the security issue, this is what works for me:

Alarm/Immobiliser with pager.

Quick Release removable steering wheel, so the ONLY way my car can get stolen is on the back of a truck, assuming the thieves don't have their own steering wheel as well.

A friend of mine also disconnects the AFM and CAS (i think) but I usually cbs going that far!

very sorry to hear the gtr's gone :D

i've just ordered a quick release kit for the steering wheel (so i can take it with me), and i already have some kind of alarm.....i'm gonna need this stuff too, as i start a new job on monday and parking is dodgy :)

you dont have to get fully comp, atm i can not afford fully comp and thought what is the point ill only get 5k back and if I don’t do that much damage i can rip the car apart and sell it in pieces for more. Anyway i just got 3rd party fire and theft better then nothing plus a 3 point immobiliser. Will be getting the alarm function installed soon.

anyway rant over, good luck in finding your car ill keep a look out up in QLD for parts ect.

Edited by R33 Eddy

hhmmm - maybe another 'form' of security is to do a performance modification, ie direct-wire your new bosch larger-flowing fuel pump to the battery, and have 30amp fuses installed with it......... I can alarm and lock my car (knowing its safe with insurance) and also pull the fuel pump fuses so a thief has little chance of starting it and working out why its not priming.

good old lock bar.. cant drive a car when u cant turn the steering wheel.

if you're talking about a steering lock.. you've got no idea..

steering locks are a detterent.. nothing more

They just hacksaw through your wheel and remove it

Sux to hear about your GTR! Will keep an eye out as well.

As for security measures, image there is 2 identicle GTR's, one has steering wheel lock, immobiliser / alarm, GPS and smash proof tinting, while the other has nothing... Which one do YOU think would disappear first?

Are you able to run 3k's in less time than it takes to steal a car?

^ This is the point i was attempting to make.

A pager is only any good if you're pretty much standing right next to the car, otherwise it will already be gone by the time you get to it.

how long do u think it takes someone to break in and get the car moving? a good 10-15min....this is obviously the average joe........i mean the pros can do it in maybe 5-10? keeping in mind u have all the stanard stuff...like steering locks ect.......

nehoo my point is there is that where ever i park my car i can pretty much garentee ill be within 10mins from it....so i rkn there is a good point to having an alarm system.

also ive noticed alot of 32s being stolen...i havnt herd of a 34 gtr or 33 gtr being stolen.....why is this?

maybe the fact that anyone drivign a car thats 30k+ would be a moron to not have insurence.

seriously guys u need insurence these days...just take a look at the amount of idiots on the roads.....

and u need a alarm....cuz u never know some couple might step out side to have some alone time :D and they see ur car lightin up like its new years....the theif aint gonna stick around.......then again it helps if u know the community.....

how long do u think it takes someone to break in and get the car moving? a good 10-15min....this is obviously the average joe........i mean the pros can do it in maybe 5-10? keeping in mind u have all the stanard stuff...like steering locks ect.......

nehoo my point is there is that where ever i park my car i can pretty much garentee ill be within 10mins from it....so i rkn there is a good point to having an alarm system.

also ive noticed alot of 32s being stolen...i havnt herd of a 34 gtr or 33 gtr being stolen.....why is this?

maybe the fact that anyone drivign a car thats 30k+ would be a moron to not have insurence.

seriously guys u need insurence these days...just take a look at the amount of idiots on the roads.....

and u need a alarm....cuz u never know some couple might step out side to have some alone time :D and they see ur car lightin up like its new years....the theif aint gonna stick around.......then again it helps if u know the community.....

You haven't seen Gone in 60 Seconds?

Also, pager alarms go out of range after 10 metres and a wall.