SAU Community

Boost 98

stasis

So what? we can use it? Not recommended ia a very general temr isnt it? Well can we acutally use it or not?! Comeon guys!! Just want to set the record straight.

FFS read my post above.

Nissan doesn't "recommend" it.

I have used it for 8 months without a problem

I have tested everything Nissan said could "possibly" be a problem

None of my testing has shown a single problem

That's the best answer you are going to get, take it or leave it.

:rofl: cheers :(

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FFS read my post above.

Nissan doesn't "recommend" it.

I have used it for 8 months without a problem

I have tested everything Nissan said could "possibly" be a problem

None of my testing has shown a single problem

That's the best answer you are going to get, take it or leave it.

:O cheers :spank:

ok i will try it on my next tank and will let you guys know how it ran. I alwasy had been a fan of renewable fuels.

Somewhere I said before, I use Ethanolfuels because I had a big input into the design and testing of the EthanolPlant at Sarina.

All the pumping equipment I designed and built was made in 316L stainless steel. Which is pretty good shit. I think a lot of opponents may think that because your fuel lines are not SS then they are going to rust, so is your tank.

Well Ethanol (aka Ethyl Alcohol) is the GOOD stuff in Bundy, Jim,Jack and not to mention Johnnie, (Walker not Howard) and my tank or fuel lines haven't the slightest trace of rust, and I've got XRays, Ultra Sounds, Nuclear Scans and MRI's to prove it.

As SK says, suk it an see. You'll only get a hang over. lollollol lots of efffinlol.

After the nuke scans u no y :O:spank:

yeah did that, I can't find how much it sells for though... care to just tell me? Would'nt that have been easier??

hehehe hasnt this thread taken a turn :( dont worry Kylie we cant even get this over here :O

HEY GUYS ITS LIKE THIS..........if fuel cost is a massive concern to you buy a frigging pulsar!!!!!!!!!!!!! just my ecu and turbo cost more than my fuel for the year,who cares about fuel!!!!!!!!! if you spend $5200 a tear on fuel($100 a week) the difference between $1.60 per litre and $1.20 per litre is $3 a day.dont up size your zinger burger meal for lunch and where down to $2 a day.when that dick at the lights in an SS commondore trys to race your....dont...theres another litre of fuel saved...now where down to .40c difference.dont get sauce on the pie you had for morning tea and BINGO fuels back to a $1.20 a litre........

ok filled up with be and i think it doesnt like Bp too much cos it had popping to much after i realse the gas pedal but will try the ethanol when i get down to the city

Been using Boost98 for 8 months in a 340awkw GTR, which is also my daily. As Sydney Kid pointed out - there have been no issues, the car made more power at the same boost (with retune on D-jetro), the fuel economy has improved (380-400kms/tank) and its cheaper!!

I rate Boost98 very highly and recommend you give it a crack - get your car tuned on it and see how it goes. From what this thread has outlined - what have you got to lose?!

yeah oil has dropped 56c yesterday and today (tuesday) by another 64c so it should drop the bowser price but then we have wanka's like coles who want to make more profit and so have raised the price by 11c keeping the price up there still.

They said the oil price drop was due to an abundance of oil stocked... or something like that. Looks like all those using gas is paying off :D

People forget that everytime they have a glass of wine they are drinking more than 10% ethanol.

If we can survive drinking it, im sure our cars will be ok.

And of course Nissan wouldn't recommend it, otherwise they would have to be responsible if anything did happen. And they ain't gonna spend a single dollar doing research into ethanol fuels in their cars when they wont make a cent out of it..

People forget that everytime they have a glass of wine they are drinking more than 10% ethanol.

If we can survive drinking it, im sure our cars will be ok.

And of course Nissan wouldn't recommend it, otherwise they would have to be responsible if anything did happen. And they ain't gonna spend a single dollar doing research into ethanol fuels in their cars when they wont make a cent out of it..

if you drink ethanol you will go BLIND!!! i dare you to drink it

:sick:

Blind drunk maybe?? Of course not 100% ethanol, but 10% is fine i guess?

Ive just filled my car on monday for the first time with Boost98

paid $120.9 per litre. Cheapest fill in over 2 years i reckon, only 2-4 cents more than 91 octane at a name brand servo.

So far the car seems to be even running better than optimax/synergy etc.... and I've done over 250kms on less than half a tank.

Look up Google or Wikipedia.

Ethanol, aka ethyl alcohol is the good stuff. Methanol, aka methyll alcohol,aka

methlyated spirits, is the BAD SHIT.

Today at United Nerang, 10% 98 was 108.9 per litre.

As people from Manchester say, GO UNITED! :woot::nuke:

i filled up my series 2 for a weekend run down the coast.

we did 610klms on 65litre tank using the boost 98 only thing i noticed that was bad, was there was a bit more soot in the exhaust outlet and on the rear gate for the first half of the trip, but once i washed the car it hasn't been there again so maybe it was just blowing the old carbon deposits out?.

all in all it seems to be a good product and i will continue to use it, engine feels a little smoother at idle too so that cant be bad.

• 3 months later...

spoken to Ben in regards to the boost 98.

He told me to fill up either Bp Ultimate or Mobil 8000 for the tune and after that i can use the boost 98 w/o having to retune

Edited by stasis

Ethanol won't make you blind. Sucks if it does as I've been making the stuff for 2 years now and drinking it regulary. Damn.

100% ethanol (96.4% - can't get 100% unless you use special expensive technology) won't make you blind. Just really drunk and make your throat really sore.