SAU Community

Boost 98

stasis

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeaan man it wont make you blind but blind drunk!! AAHAHAH. Cool Midol are in youVic? Did you make the ethanol from Sugarcane? Hmm I bottle of it its like steroids to the car.hmmmm

Midol is in QLD, Sunshine Coast Hinterland, and god only knows what you would be getting, I wouldnt trust it in my car personally, my earlier post was being sarcastic, but obviously the sarcasm was lost in translation :happy:

Tolulene is what you want, I used to be able to buy it but now the new terrorist laws prevent general public from buying certain types of solvents, like ethonol and tolulene (sp?)

Midol is in QLD, Sunshine Coast Hinterland, and god only knows what you would be getting, I wouldnt trust it in my car personally, my earlier post was being sarcastic, but obviously the sarcasm was lost in translation :no:

I knew that, hence why I said the 100% illegal part...

I wouldn't mix it with my fuel.

And I don't use sugarcane, too much effort. I just buy sugar at like $1.50/kg.

ohh i forgot to mention. I filled up with boost 98 on tuesday when i was driving up from the city.

Overall i felt the car running smoother. Milaeage wise it seems to be the same but theres a price difference by about 10cents/liter compared to the normal 98 octane fuel. I will be using this fuel all the time now for this car. so...

There's a United servo which has just opened up near my house - it used to be an old Mobil. When I next need fuel I'm gonna check if they have Boost 98 and try a few tanks to get an impression of how the car will run long-term.

Until now, I would have had to travel quite a distance (and totally out of my way) to get to a United servo, so it's good that I've now got the opportunity to see how it is for myself.

There's a United servo which has just opened up near my house - it used to be an old Mobil. When I next need fuel I'm gonna check if they have Boost 98 and try a few tanks to get an impression of how the car will run long-term.

Until now, I would have had to travel quite a distance (and totally out of my way) to get to a United servo, so it's good that I've now got the opportunity to see how it is for myself.

You can actually check out the United website and you will be able to see a listing of the service station which got the boost 98.

Im on my 3rd tanks now im sold on it. Wouldnt get the normal 98 now. Filling up a tank now would cost me no more than $60 now. :)

Just checked, they're still not listed on the website, but they've only been open a few weeks at the most...

When I next drive past I'll have a quick look.

hmm you might want to call the gas station and ask them wheter they have boost 98? Thats wat i did and i asked them about the price too!! They wer a bit reluctant in telling me the prices over the phone.

I was just driving back today from the city to Heathcote and i past wallan and kilmore. These 2 towns and United boost98 and their prices was 10cent different!!!! Keep a sharp eye on the prices dont get ripped off people.

hey guys just a little imput dont know if it matters on this forum, but before i had the stagea i use to drive my holden GTS HQ 1972 every where and i was alsways hunting around for the best fuel for it. I found that boost 98 gave me the best economy and i had no problems with power or responce, that was when i lived 10 minutes from the united servo in frankston. havnt tried it in my stagea yet coz i moved to ACT and now live across from a caltex but i reacon it should be fine. the old girl use to real feel it when i put a shiiiitttttty fuel in her.

hey guys just a little imput dont know if it matters on this forum, but before i had the stagea i use to drive my holden GTS HQ 1972 every where and i was alsways hunting around for the best fuel for it. I found that boost 98 gave me the best economy and i had no problems with power or responce, that was when i lived 10 minutes from the united servo in frankston. havnt tried it in my stagea yet coz i moved to ACT and now live across from a caltex but i reacon it should be fine. the old girl use to real feel it when i put a shiiiitttttty fuel in her.

there you go another statisfied user. The best of all is the savings roughly about 10bucks/tanks in savings. doesnt take into considerations the discount fuel vouchers of 4cents/liter.

• 2 months later...

just reviving an old tread. How many of you guys have tried the boost 98 ? Whats the feedback on this. After my tune i have been running with the Boost 98 eversince. No problems.

I've been using it and it's good. Cheaper than bloody regular 91RON from Woolworths in some cases, even with the 4c per litre "discount" they're supposed to give you if you take your shop-a-dockets...

Hei Nick,

yea its oggd. In the distance for one tank compared to a regualr 98 traveled same distance on 1 tank?

Yoko,

obviously you are not a purchasing officer like me!! LOL every cent counts.