SAU Community

Boost 98

stasis

when spending that much money gets you a fe wmore MPG which only saves maybe 20 cents a fillup...say 3 dollars

where is that 3 dolalrs going to go instead?

to an extra drink, an extra burger..

id rather just get the good gas and cut out a burger personally

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually its a fair bit more than that. As 98 octane is usually 10-13c a litre more expensive than 91 RON (that works out to 40-50c more per gallon to you Grant) and then you calculate how much extra you are spending over a 12 month period it adds up to a basic mod per year.

ie saving on $6.00 per tank @ 1 tank a week for a year = $312 in a year, and that is worst case senario. I would rather go without a burger a week, use the cheaper 98RON and save enough money to buy a front mount or a quality BOV, or a new stereo head unit!

actually its a fair bit more than that. As 98 octane is usually 10-13c a litre more expensive than 91 RON (that works out to 40-50c more per gallon to you Grant) and then you calculate how much extra you are spending over a 12 month period it adds up to a basic mod per year.

ie saving on $6.00 per tank @ 1 tank a week for a year = $312 in a year, and that is worst case senario. I would rather go without a burger a week, use the cheaper 98RON and save enough money to buy a front mount or a quality BOV, or a new stereo head unit!

:P:(:rofl:

on the spot. Other issue is also it uses ehtanol. So less impat to the environment of Co2 emission. Just diong my part to save nature. At least thats what i claim.

I use Shell V Power Racing 100 ron in all 3 turbo cars, have been for over 2 years. I use my 4 cents + 2 cents Shell dockets, plus the 20 cents ones when they are around. When the 20 cents is on, I buy the max 150 litres and drum it. That satisfies my thrifty urges.

:( cheers :(

I use Shell V Power Racing 100 ron in all 3 turbo cars, have been for over 2 years. I use my 4 cents + 2 cents Shell dockets, plus the 20 cents ones when they are around. When the 20 cents is on, I buy the max 150 litres and drum it. That satisfies my thrifty urges.

;) cheers :D

wow SK your ass is even tighter than mine :cheers: Kidding man. well thats smart move. How did you get the 20cent focket?

I used United 5% for a while. It was OK, then one day I filledup with Shell V Power and really felt the difference. Now I use it when I can.

Hugh try using the boosy 98 and see what you think? Its alot cheaper than the 100Ron. Not much difference in performance compared to the price

No shell V Power in WA :(

check on the united website on ealier pages on this thread to see wheter United is avail in you area for the boost 98.

Well this is not being a tight ass or wat for buying this fuel. Its just being smart and being so called " more evironment friendly" fuel. So at least we not not polutin as much. dont you guys think? If really you guys want 1-- ron add an equilcalent of a coke ca of ethanol into each think b4 u feel up!! LOLOLO!!!

I tried Shell V power and wasn't that happy with it. Maybe I needed to retune the car for it? dunno...

Seemed to run richer, fuel economy was no different, couldn't tell if power was any better/worse, and it seemed to run a bit louder/not as smooth.

Switched back to bp ultimate 98 and car seemed to run a bit smoother/nicer.

I have been wondering if every car is different, or if it depends on what fuel was in the car when it was tuned? or something like that.

In any case, there wasn't a lot of difference, I just find I'm more comfortable with bp - plus even with the 4c/L discount I often wasn't paying any less than with bp (noticed in my area shell was often at least 2-4c/L more expensive than bp on average anyway - incidently I HATE the fuel discount systems for this reason).

i've been using vpower for a few of months and have been getting better fuel economy(550 plus) over bp(not much stop/start driving in nth n.s.w), performance also seems to be on par if not better than bp.

ps regulary get over 450+ with a heavy shoe

I tried Shell V power and wasn't that happy with it. Maybe I needed to retune the car for it? dunno...

Seemed to run richer, fuel economy was no different, couldn't tell if power was any better/worse, and it seemed to run a bit louder/not as smooth.

Switched back to bp ultimate 98 and car seemed to run a bit smoother/nicer.

I have been wondering if every car is different, or if it depends on what fuel was in the car when it was tuned? or something like that.

In any case, there wasn't a lot of difference, I just find I'm more comfortable with bp - plus even with the 4c/L discount I often wasn't paying any less than with bp (noticed in my area shell was often at least 2-4c/L more expensive than bp on average anyway - incidently I HATE the fuel discount systems for this reason).

you need to be tuned for it for the V power to be really effective. My car was tuned using Mobil 98. My tuner recommends during tune to fill up with either Bp ultimate or Mobil. After the tune use boost 98 is fine which i did.

From memory boost 98 is about 15cents cheaper than 100ron after discount.So its quite alot /year.

i've been using vpower for a few of months and have been getting better fuel economy(550 plus) over bp(not much stop/start driving in nth n.s.w), performance also seems to be on par if not better than bp.

ps regulary get over 450+ with a heavy shoe

try boost 98 for a few tanks you wont feel much difference apart from the pirce!! LOL :sorcerer:

My whole family uses Boost 98 except for my younger bros 350Z he says nissan dont recomend it. So i said if you git the $$ why not. And my other younger bros swift gt also uses boost 98 as well and its good cant complain. My dad's ther 2 cars