SAU Community

Apexi Safc.

brizzi

Hi. after ironing out all the problems with this car, i am getting bored with the performance now :)

I see these aftermarket ecu's and stuff. These i have heard they need constant re tuning all the time. Are apexi safc worth me wiring in to the loom and bothering with? Plus dont have pwr fc budget. Any info please :rofl: cheers....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

safc is a nice unit safcII is the later and better versionor youcould get the neo, which has colour lcd, but yeah they are all quite good a getting a/f's right on par but that is also there limitaion,so depending on what you plan to do to the car it willmake a noticble difference.

i have seen a few guys running 200rwkw give or take, using a safc

but all in allagood unit for its price.

cheers

I don't know how good the results would be for over all engine performance and response. Sure the peak power is good, but peak power is for only a split second of driving time, what about mid range and response? may well be an improvement on stock, especially if you have changed a few things.

When looking at the price though, I wonder... $350 for the unit, then say $150 for the tune... $500.... best case

$950 for the powerFC, $250 for a tune, $1200... best case.

I dunno, but too me, $500 is enough to not want to waste, but not enough short of $1200 to warrant the limited functionality and effect on your cars performance.

Installed an SAFC II myself a few weeks back, very little performance gains but you can lean it out if your running more boost and definiately save on fuel. Also has a knock sensor and air flow readings

Installed an SAFC II myself a few weeks back, very little performance gains but you can lean it out if your running more boost and definiately save on fuel. Also has a knock sensor and air flow readings

little gain!? you must not have tuned it correctly... my dyno graph before and after produced a 20rwkw gain, alot of people with SAFC's have said they have achieved similar gains. I think its a good mod if you dont plan on doing extensive work. If you do the basic things like me; pod, exhaust, cooler, fuel pump, boost... then its perfect, i was able to get 192rwkw with the SAFC and 170 or so before it was installed.

little gain!? you must not have tuned it correctly... my dyno graph before and after produced a 20rwkw gain, alot of people with SAFC's have said they have achieved similar gains. I think its a good mod if you dont plan on doing extensive work. If you do the basic things like me; pod, exhaust, cooler, fuel pump, boost... then its perfect, i was able to get 192rwkw with the SAFC and 170 or so before it was installed.

what boost are you running?

did u really need to do fuel pump at this level?

156rwkw at 12 psi before SAFC and 155rwkw at 11 psi after SAFC. Turned down the boost slightly because fuel pump is shit. Probably over 160kw with a new fuel pump so yeah there is a gain in power. What correction numbers do you use? mine is around -10 on low throttle and over -20 on high throttle.

i installed an safc II not too long ago and i got considerable gains...was a faster all over the rev range and much more responsive due to better mid-range. However, of your a/f ratios are good then there is no need to get a safc.

Also, i think my car has got a little slower (still faster than before safc, but not as fast as when safc was first tuned). I was wondering whether this would be because the timing has been changed by the ecu again, resulting in less power?

• 2 weeks later...

i used to havee the oriiginal safc... tried to use i to lean out my car for emissions tests... everyone i went to told me to get a pfc or something similar!

i personally would not chose the safc, and regretted buying it! with the prices of pfcs these days, i'd go with that...

Cant remember but I brought it from www.greenline.jp als checkout www.nengun.com I find these to places cheepest for most japanese parts

cheers

Are these site trust worthy and is it in australian dollars cauz the prices seem too good to be true.