SAU Community

Got Some New Toys :) Tell Me What You Think~

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to call them kick plates, but since then I've been told they're known as scuff plates; door sills etc etc etc.

Just got a note from the guy; R33GTST ones may be possible (as in made from scratch) but will require something like 20sets to be moved in the first order.

Nope... just source yourself some REALLY strong double sided tape/adhesive.

Else you could do what they have done on the R32GTRs and have a few holes drilled - then run 2 studs into the lip in line with these holes so it holds it in place - still use the tape though.

UPDATE: Sprayer now has my Bonnet Lip, Fuel Lid and Paint Code ;)

Just to add to the bonnett lip. you really should run screws through with the adhesive tape. reason why, is you will try and llift your bonnett by the lip, and eveny if you dont, your mechanic will.

I just drilled two holes through the bonnett where the lip sits, dry mount the lip, mark the place you put the holes and drill them in the lip when its off the bonnett.

Then just screw the bonnett lip on.

John

Ok; finally got a chance to put the bonnet lip on... well kinda; it was mock fitted tonight just because n15m0 wouldn't stop bugging me :)

post-19974-1159281593.jpgpost-19974-1159281699.jpgpost-19974-1159281756.jpgpost-19974-1159281822.jpg

Need to go away now and plan a neat installation without ruining the bonnet :)

Cheers heaps to HSR for the paint job; looks great!

Yeah it was; just held on by two strips of double sided tape... I'm still deciding how this is going to be fastened into place for good.

I think I did hear it peel a bit as I was taking the photos; took it off quick smart before it fell onto the ground.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...