SAU Community

Quickest Times For Stock Turbos

tezflow

What sort of launches are you guys doing to run those times?? If I did 5 g clutch drops things would just go up in smoke - what do you fellas do with street tyres?

I usually let out the clutch @ 3 grand as I don't want to wreck my clutch. I ran a best of 13.7 @ 108 mph on the stock turbo - dynoed at 210rwkw. I tried a 5 g launch once and it was my slowest run - too much wheelspin.

Cheers

Edited by gtst25

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dont just drop it from 5grand... street tyres will never hook-up.

You have to slip it abit and extert some control over the right foot.

Dont just plant it to the floor.

Its just finding the point where traction is the most without inducing the wheelspin.

Which is just practice :no:

2rismo,what a legend ;) 11's on stock turbo,thats is insane :) seen the car in high performance imports.

I read the same article the other day. I kind of thought it was a sucky write up. It like this car is running this brand new thing called nitrous, like it was some big mystery. I guess since it doesn't have a pair of T88's hanging off it they had to make a big fuss about something.

I think it would have been more impressive to compare the current times to stock times to see how much better it was going considering the limited mods. That would have been more impressive than the big build up about the NOS.

Mate, my car is nothing special and when the magazine has that many Skyrines in it each issue, they have to talk up the differences between them. The main difference with mine was the gas so that's why they took that approach. I thought it was quite an entertaining read but I''m biased. :)

At the end of the day, it's only a tenth quicker without the gas than what someone has posted they've run on this very thread.

Each to their own I guess. The car is a shade different now though ;)

I actually thought the non gased times were far more impressive since any fool can stick a crap load of gas in to make more power, but it takes thought and planning to run good times on a fairly limited mods. Clearly you have done that to runs 12s on a std turbo setup. I just thought that was more impressive but engineering really doesn't sell magazines glossy hype does.

I actually thought the non gased times were far more impressive since any fool can stick a crap load of gas in to make more power, but it takes thought and planning to run good times on a fairly limited mods. Clearly you have done that to runs 12s on a std turbo setup. I just thought that was more impressive but engineering really doesn't sell magazines glossy hype does.

I don't want to be cheeky mate but it's obvious you've never used Nitrous or you wouldn't make that statement. You're entirely correct that any fool can put a crap load of gas in to make the power but how long would that fools car last? 100hp is hardly a crap load and my car has had approx 200 passes on the bottle and it's still going strong. It takes more thought and planning to use Nitrous effectively than it does to set up a stock-ish 33 gtst to run 12’s. A lot more…

I don't want to be cheeky mate but it's obvious you've never used Nitrous or you wouldn't make that statement. You're entirely correct that any fool can put a crap load of gas in to make the power but how long would that fools car last? 100hp is hardly a crap load and my car has had approx 200 passes on the bottle and it's still going strong. It takes more thought and planning to use Nitrous effectively than it does to set up a stock-ish 33 gtst to run 12’s. A lot more…

Maybe I worded that poorly, A long time ago I was involved in a car that had nitrous hooked up to a DP Holley, so yes I am aware that it not just bolt on and go. Supplimental fuel systems etc.

The point is was making is nitrous is relatively easy HP (gain for effort), and it is relatively easy to get good times when you have more HP. Where as trying to get a quick time out of limited power is not ever an easy task. Tidy car by the way.

adrians car is special in the same way as the 'special bus' is special :glare:

I think low 12s on the factory turbo is do-able for the R33 if you get very serious.

That's right, it's what's inside that counts! :wave:

Low 12's are definitely possible from a std turbo'd R33 gtst but having run mid 12's i wanted more than low 12's. Maybe if someone beats the 11.662 I'll take up the challenge again :P

Is the RB20 in an R32 and the RB25 in a 33? It's a fairly broad question so I guess the broad answer of, "a little bit" will suffice :glare:

I don't know mate. Best way to find out how much of anything your car has is to run it!

hmm i want to run my 245s on the R34 rims.. which are 7.5 im sure i can shoehorn them on

I too have an R34 and want to run wider tyres and would be interested to know if 245's are doable on the 7.5" rims. 235's will certainly fit but I would like something wider and dont want to have to buy new rims.

Is the RB20 in an R32 and the RB25 in a 33? It's a fairly broad question so I guess the broad answer of, "a little bit" will suffice :wave:

I don't know mate. Best way to find out how much of anything your car has is to run it!

Umm yeah or in the same car, but i know what ur saying and its pretty much what i thought. That is get out there and run it.

Im just not sure if ill come home from the track with my gearbox in one piece, really need to do that gearbox conversion. Shame i just bought a house lol

I too have an R34 and want to run wider tyres and would be interested to know if 245's are doable on the 7.5" rims. 235's will certainly fit but I would like something wider and dont want to have to buy new rims.

im told by beauies that they will but too much load laterally and it may de-rim the tyre. if thats the correct terminology. i want to knw if anyone has actually run 245 on 7.5.. not just theoretically.

if u find out justin send me a PM

thanks bud

mark.

im told by beauies that they will but too much load laterally and it may de-rim the tyre. if thats the correct terminology. i want to knw if anyone has actually run 245 on 7.5.. not just theoretically.

if u find out justin send me a PM

thanks bud

mark.

Will do. I was thinking along those lines though, that anything bigger than 235 would be dogy i think. In my past experience every extra cm wide the tyres are, I have dropped the profile by 5 to compensate. Don't know if thats true but it seems to have worked :P So If I am going to try 235's I will go to 40 profile, down from 45.

• 3 months later...

I had a completely stock 33 and i got a 13.7 on 19x275 and a 13.4 on drag radials......

not fmic, boost 12psi should see closer to 13.0 @ 108mph. only run the new set up twice...massive bog down first run....2.3 60ft for a 13.5 @ 106.5mph and 2nd run great start on street tyres 2.0 60ft but stuffed up 4th gear change and crossed the line in 3rd at 103mph with 13.3....a good run should break me into the 12's