SAU Community

Nissan Fast

Soo....

Can anyone run this engine number through FAST?

RB25704373X

And for giggles, run this VIN?

6U90000ER34040546

I know what I think it is, but I would love if anyone can confirm this for me.

Also: First post. Woohoo. If it all goes well you may very well all be reading some very newbie questions from me.

ER34 040546:

Build date August 2000, 25GT, 4-door, HICAS, Auto, 'Athlete Silver' paint, grey interior, 15" wheels (not sure about spec).

That's all I can give you without knowing Japanese...

>_<

I can't help you with the engine number, except to say if it's a non turbo then it's a good start. If it's listed on the build-plate then it's all good.

Please note that the correct thread to use is:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/VI...tml&st=1320

ER34 040546:

Build date August 2000, 25GT, 4-door, HICAS, Auto, 'Athlete Silver' paint, grey interior, 15" wheels (not sure about spec).

That's all I can give you without knowing Japanese...

>_<

I can't help you with the engine number, except to say if it's a non turbo then it's a good start. If it's listed on the build-plate then it's all good.

Thats what I suspected. The engine in the car is infact, a turbo. However - Don't know if it was an engine swap or a conversion. Everything else has checked out OK.. but wanted to know if it was an authentic turbo engine, or a well done conversion before I start playing with boost.

Given a quick lookover, my non-skyline brain didnt pick it up, but researching it online really shows that the car wasnt a turbo when it rolled from the factory. But trying to confirm on the engine. Been able to confirm that the number on the block matches the number that is under the reg info for VicRoads - But not whether this is the engine that was in the car when it rolled out of the factory.

About the other thread: The guy sitting next to me at work posted there on my behalf too, the saga to find out WTF this car is has now taken over the office.

Edited by Kinkstaah

mmm I have one. Ran it through FAST when i bought it but the program has since been evicted by parental units, and im interested in dissecting the model code to find out if the car is a V spec or not. there are a few things that suggest that it is, but it wasnt old as one, ec.

So for the sake of curiosity, if we could -

BCNR33 041082.

Please =D

This is my baby of 18 months now. I'd love to know whatever fast can tell me about it (it's been repainted and converted to manual, but i don't know what options etc it had from factory)

Either a screenshot (isaac AT islade DOT com) or just post details here, i don't mind :D

6U9000ECR33009874

• 4 months later...
To my knowledge, ADM-specific models were all covered by hard-copy parts manuals.

So that means I cannot lookup Australian vehicles (Pulsar, Pathfinder, X-Trail) in FAST at all?

I'm sure I've seen the Dealer use it??

That's readable. You use the ER34-022333 Part.

R34 25GT Coupe built 03/99 (RB25DE) . Yellow paint, Xenon headlights, UV blocking glass, remote entry, glove box light. Has factory mags and F&R Strut bars.

Edited by rz_pez

man howd did you get the program to work....i dl it and installed it but its not in the right language ...its like in characters n shit ....help us out man?

it's Japanese software...it's in Japanese...just like the labels in the cars, ID plates, etc.

I am guessing here but:

1) It wasn't designed to be used outside Japan.

2) The Euro version of the software in English won't decode "domestic" Japanese cars.

Time to start learning Kenji :)

Yeah, it's in Japanese. You need to turn on the japanese language in windows for it to make proper characters instead of rubbish. Then use translators such as excite, worldlingo, google, etc to decode. Use a few and average the results :P

Nope, nope, nope.

:P

There are instructions with FAST that will fix what ails you.

In %windir% (e.g. C:\WINDOWS) \NSFASTW.INI ensure the following exists as the 3rd line;

FontName=MS Gothic

All that does is change the default font to Gothic, which includes a japanese character set. You won't be able to copy and paste into translators unless you run the program and IE in japanese mode in my experience.