SAU Community

Hey guys, clutches are something I don't know a lot about.

I got into the car this morning and 1st gear was really hard to get into and the car will start to take off immediately after I start to release the clutch pedal upwards. I also noticed that when I put it into second gear (I wanted to do a 2nd gear takeoff cause it was easier to get into than 1st gear) that the car would jump a little forward when engaging 2nd gear (even with my foot totally on the clutch). The clutch itself seems fine, it's not worn out.

Do these cars have hydraulic clutches?

Do I need to fill some reservoir?? Where do I need to look for that and what type of fluid do I need?

Car is a 1993 - R32 GTST - RB20DET

Need this fixed before days end cause I have to drive in and out of the city traffic again/stop/start and it's a real pain, it feels like I'm forcing the gears, which can't be good for the gearbox.

Fixxxer :D

Edited by Fixxxer

not good for the gearbox. check the clutch fluid (resevoir should look similar to a brake fluid resevoir, will take brake fluid too), but if it's low then it basically means you have a leak, so either master or slave (or clutch line, but less likely) has issues.

brake shops can rebuild them, nissans new replacement prices on some cars is actually quite good and makes the rebuild not worth it, so worth a phone call.

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. I've got the car back home now from the city.... 1st gear was almost crunching each time I had to put it into 1st gear, so it seems to be getting a little worse.

I had a look in the reservoir next to the brake stuff, the single pot is about 3/4 to the full mark, way above the MIN line, so I'm at a loss as to whats going wrong? Any further advice???

Fixxxer