SAU Community

Blow off valves

craz0

What Blow off valve is everyone using on there R33GTS-T?

Has anyone got a GFB Stealth FX Blow Off Valve? If so are they any good?

I'm looking for a good straight bolt-on replacement. Any suggestions.

Thanks.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blitz Bov.... Tried for three months to get an adaptor plate to fit where the stock one was.... NO GOOD. No one had or could get one. So i had to get my mechanic to Fabricate it on to the pipe leading to the Throttle body. (under the pod). It cost a bit to do it, but it sound's great and looks nice.

I'd show a photo, but i dont have a digital camera.

Cheers

Loz

Well, thought i might of had some boost loss (i got worried when people spoke of "boost leak") But after some under bonnet testing (rev hard and watch valve) i noticed the "button" (copper release thingy) moved down furhter on rev..to seal the BOV . So i took it out for a hammer (foot to the floor) and it all seems fine.!!

Next is the Boost Guage.

and maybe the "Skyline" logo lit up in Blue....

Loz

Originally posted by Lozza150

Blitz Bov.... Tried for three months to get an adaptor plate to fit where the stock one was.... NO GOOD.  No one had or could get one.  So i had to get my mechanic to Fabricate it on to the pipe leading to the Throttle body.  (under the pod).  It cost a bit to do it, but it sound's great and looks nice.

I'd show a photo, but i dont have a digital camera.

Cheers

Loz

I haven’t been able to find a adaptor for the Blitz my self do they actually make them?

I think I'll go for a GFB or Turbosmart pop off valve:)

I used a Trust Type R BOV on my GTST. The BOV kit itself doesnt inlcude the adapter however Advan at Silverwater sell the adpater plates for GTS-T so they bolt straight on.

After using a Turbosmart and an HKS SSQV BOV I found the Trust to be a better unit and experienced less idle/stall problems.

holy cow lozza...im not sure if all those series of blitz bovs are the same or not...i've got the same one..and from the look of ur pic..ur one is really really loose...are you sure its not leaking at idle?

unless ur screw has been changed....cause my one you can see about 3 threads after the nut which is about just right...

do u have probs with rev's when coming to a stop after hard run?

The Mechanic's adjusted it to suit with the standard BOV unit connected as well. After disconnected the stock one and now just running the Blitz one... It's a lot louder.... but "seems" ok. After a good run, it does drop the rev's very low...for a split second, then it must seal and all is ok. It's hard to tell if the unit is not leaking... Logic tells me if it was leaking, I'd lose boost pressure on the guage... but it still show's the same ..7PSI... (yes stock i know..) So i guess I'm not.

As posted earlier doing a rough run in in the garage showed the brass thingy to push down further during boost pressure....(vacume change i guess)

Eventually when i get an exhaust and stuff fitted ill get a dyno tune, and they can check all that for me...

Cheers

Loz

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SXU29T

ive had three blow of valves in my s15 since i bought it blitz super sonic s1, then a apexi dual chamber and how a blitz super sonic s2 i found that even though the s1 blitz was 2nd hand from japan of a s13 silvia their was no idleing probs or boost leak and had and awsome bark goes to show theirs nothing like japanese engineering!!! i have a friend who had a brand new gfb bov installed in his skyline it shit itself after bought 13000k's the piston jus kept seizin?//// then swapped my blitz s1 for the apexi dual chamber it was good but didnt really find its sound loud enough(riceboy) and it was a big& bulky mfuca in my engine bay, now i have a blitz s2 its awsome has a diff sound to s1 not as loud but fluters a high boost cause of the fluted design of the outlet. i can give u a contact of some one that can get u a genuine blitz mounting adapter for skylines for bout 30-40 bucks but his in sydney? and its 2nd hand?

I have a GFB hybrid. Half vents to atmosphere the other half gets re cycled so you dont get those problems of rich mixtures during gear changes and stalling. Yoy can buy an adaptor for it so it bolts straight on where the stock BOV was/is. Looks good too. Check out the GFB site.