Rb25 Gearbox Into R32

lwboosted

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pretty sure a VLT sender works, I think that's what my mates apprentice used when he put the 25 in his VL Calais.

But as Cubes said, why recreate the wheel? a new Navara sender is pretty cheap and if you can't find the part number, I've still got the box at home.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring up an older thread, but rather this then start a new one.

I am not concerned with having a speedo reading as I use my GPS, as it provides other readouts as well. But without a speed signal the car will override the top speed setting (320kmph Nistune ECU) and I will have no power steering.

Is there anyway to to trick to speed signal so that power steering works.

I expect most of you will just say use the navara speedo and just don't care if its uncalibrated, I will if there is no other way...of course.

There is no one speed setting, at low speed the power steering is light and at high speed its heavier. If you connected a signal wire you would have heavy steering all the time. Without a signal the power steering is still working its just very light which is not a bad thing unless you like driving with no hands at high speed. I drove/drifted my 32 for over a year without a speedo signal going to the power steering.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

cant use a rb20 shifter in a 25 box unfort

the balls on the end of the shifter are much bigger on the 25

20 shifter will just float around in it

The balls on the shifters are the same, the nylon bush is a different size. You can swap them over and the rb20 shifter drops straight in the RB25 box. The shifter position was identical from the rb20 box to the rb25.

I used my C's RB25 shifter in my RB20 box ages ago and all I had to do was swap the RB20 bush on and then shim up the clamp-housing-thing because the neck of the RB20 box was shorter than the RB25 box.