SAU Community

Another What Is Wrong With My Car Thread.

Abo Bob

If that is the same sensor that gives the stock boost gauge its reading then it's fine. Also does the PFC take note of this sensor?

No it's the one on the centre of the firewall, not the one on the drivers side that sends a signal to the gauges.

Funny looking flat black thing on the brass bracket. I've known a few to have the hose on the under-side break/come off, it wouldn't throw up the check engine light with a PFC but will make your car run like a load of bollocks.

are you sure dan that it will influence the PFC?

as always I'd advise looking at what you have changed recently. in this case Z32 and manual conversion and PFC. now, are your sure the wiring for the Z32 + stock AFM is still intact and ok? If it was shorting out it may have melted some wires further down towards the ecu so it may not be imediately evident at the plug end. watch the voltage at the PFC (via HC sensor check) and then measure it at the plug too with a multi meter.

out of interest was the place that wired up the Z32 the same place that did the tuning?

Well got my car back on saturday. It turned out to be some wire that was for the auto box that was shorting out and causing the timing to jump all over the place. Had occasional increases of 17 degrees!!

Gotta go back to get the z32 reinstalled and a touch up tune tomorrow. I drove it down the coast with a maxed out stock afm and 1 bar of boost and it went great.

nice one abo.

so it was just a bit of dodgo wiring after all. thank god it didn't advance by 17 degrees whilst you were at 6000rpm and full boost down the main straight at EC!! always nice when it's an easy fix :unsure: