SAU Community

Good points, they look good, will be cheap to run, easy to drive and park and are FWD so pretty well idiot proof.

Bad points, some will say FWD having never driven an improved one, and those same people won't respect your choice of car.

I like them.

They look cool, and people who think fwd is slow are just bitter at having had their 3.8L commo or 4.0L ford handed to them by a 3.5L fwd magna...

and people who complain about understeer problems, well, from my experience, gtr/gts4 is pretty front heavy...

Perhaps you should find a candidate car, and post specs... here, or perhaps the magna forums (are there fto forums?)...

Overall, I like them... light, 3.0L mitsu engine has mods around... I'm pretty sure they have traction control...

The FTO doesn't have a 3.0L engine, it has a 2.0L engine.

From what I've heard its a pretty reasonable car. The '94 model got Japan's "Car of the Year" award, not bad considering its generally more "sensible" cars that pull that award.

The GP Version R is a credible competitor to the DC2 Integra Type-R. The LSD helps with power down, and its meant to be quite chuckable.

Otherwise, get the GPX. It runs the same engine as the GP Version R (its missing the bodykit, not sure about suspension tune or lightening) so it'll be as good as an Integra VTiR.

The GP's engine, while the same size and configuration (2.0L V6) doesn't have MIVEC so its down on power. In other words, not worth buying.

The INVECS-2 auto is meant to be one of the better Tiptronics out there as well, especially given its age, so its not a complete loss if you can't find a manual. But with such a peaky engine you'd want as many gears as closely packed as possible. :(

I have driven several...

I must say they are little nifty car and handles alright, some of them even have traction control. I think I test drove top model with all the fruits.

you make sure you get MIVEC and MANUAL one and you REALLY MAKE SURE it is MIVEC -some poeple just change few parks make them LOOK MIVEC.

they are very nice first car, at the end of the day you buy what you can afford and dont forget about INSURANCE cost!.

My mates sister had a black one with MIVEC and bodykit and exhaust. Quite a nice car. sat very low in the cabin too. I think they are good cars mate. Alot of worse cars out there you could buy.

If you buy one PM me i have a japanese digital MIVEC controller for one, its yours for 50 bucks, its plug and play so pretty simple to install. Great fun car.. you wont be dissapointed.

used to like it, the only thing i hated was the back of the car - seemed chopped off or something...other than that, nice driving position with easy reach of controls....NA cars can be fun too :)